University of Chicago Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

D waitlisted. She thought that was her best potential outcome, so she’s happy.

6 Likes

rejected after deferred

1 Like

congratulations

SAT 1510
UW Gpa 3.97
8 AP
Debate
Business club leadership

2 Likes

Thanks!!

Congrats!!

Just curious, do you all find the expectations from colleges to be unreasonable as well, or is it just me?

Looking at Reddit, it looks like majority were waitlisted meaning zero chance of getting in I guess. UChicago does not publish CDS either so no historical data to look at.

anybody know % of applicants who get waitlisted and chance of getting off waitlist?

My son too - and same here. We are pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

I have been unable to find the full CDS for UChicago online. That would tell us.

If anyone knows where to find the full CDS from any recent years, could you please post?

They don’t publish a CDS.

1 Like

That would explain why I can’t find it - thank you!

1 Like

They don’t publish

waitlisted :(( so does everyone whos not accepted get waitlisted?? it seems like uchicago hasnt rejected many people

My daughter was waitlisted. A lot better than a no, especially because it isn’t necessarily her top choice, but it was one of her biggest reaches that we still thought was realistic

2 Likes

It is also that people who get rejected tend not to post about it.

4 Likes

My S22 got rejected.

no I got rejected

As you read through the outcomes, it is clear that many of the “Top” kids are overlooked. That tells me the school is looking for something not necessarily measured by a grade or a test score. My son (class of 2025) was maybe #10-15 in his class in terms of grades. He had a mix of 3s, 4s, on his APs, but did score a 34 on ACT(tutored). He was a great student, but not award-winning. What he did have was depth in terms of hobbies. volunteer work and club involvement. His essays were great - but also honest and humble. He did submit a short video, which just showed that he was a likable, normal teenager. We were floored when he got in ED, but he comes from an affluent community (aka Full-Pay) that UChicago hasn’t penetrated yet. I think that was his in. Nothing about it is fair.

9 Likes