University of Colorado Boulder EA for Fall 2023

when we went to visit in the fall they said they put the RAP students in “cohorts” so that they live near each other and have the same business core classes together. They even have some classes in Cheyenne Arapaho… they made a joke about the kids who roll out of bed and walk downstairs to class in their pajamas. I guess this is quite convenient on snow days.

TBH I didn’t even ask to look at the letter. He texted us from class when he checked. My guess is he got invited to join waitlist to attend UW, not Foster/major specific. That would be odd and not fair to students who got admitted to UW but not offered Foster or pre-business. I’ll ask when he gets home from work. What did your son apply to at UW?

I would definitely check into the details on the waitlist. My son applied to their Real Estate program which does not have direct admit but also not difficult to get into once at UW. Good luck, I’d be curious to hear what you learn!

Super impressive! Thank you for your input. Helps the case of no rhyme/reason and softens the blow but again, prob not the best fit anyway and helps us not to have had that hard conversation, had he got in.

Any inputs or feedback on CS at Boulder College of engineering and campus living. Generally across some universities hearing challenges being able to get classes etc - How is Boulder?

Also the website says lots of great funding / research for some majors. Any thoughts about the CS program?

job/internship opportunities- in terms of college placement or tech industry in the area. Being close to Denver we would think there are opportunities.

Housing. Is it challenging for Engr students to get housing. Which would you recommend ?

Thank you very much for any perspective you can share from prior experience or your insights

My kid also DA to Leeds, honors, merit scholarship… but denied at UW. Schools have their reasons. It will all work out.

2 Likes

My son was also a Mechanical Engineering major accepted into Exploratory Studies. Wondering if your son has since been offered a spot directly into College of Engineering since his EA decision, or if you/he have heard if this has happened to anyone this application season. Apparently it was common in previous years, to get a PES spot and then get moved directly into engineering once acceptances start coming in.

Wondering if your son has since been offered a spot directly into College of Engineering since his EA decision, or if you/he have heard if this has happened to anyone this application season. Apparently it was common in previous years, to get a PES spot and then get moved directly into engineering once acceptances start coming in.

Is your son taking the ES spot at Boulder? My son was also a Mechanical Engineering major accepted into Exploratory Studies. Wondering if your son has since been offered a spot directly into College of Engineering since his EA decision, or if you/he have heard if this has happened to anyone this application season. Apparently it was common in previous years, to get a PES spot and then get moved directly into engineering once acceptances start coming in.

DS did not get moved out of ES into CoE, so we are not pursuing this further since he has direct admits at other places. I view this similar to being admitted to UCSD Undeclared instead of the CoE, which happened to several people we know who were applying direct for CoE.

Thanks for the reply! Good luck to him!

I think Honors is separate from merit. My daughter got both and it tipped her towards CU. She has loved Leeds and CU and the excitement Coach Prime brings. Honors live together, take classes together-- not completely sure the other perks (first in line for classes, I guess)–it’s a better dorm, but my kid thought the RAP would have been way more fun).

1 Like

My son requested to change into the College of Arts and Sciences and got into that, so they have not offered him a spot.

My kid got merit and accepted into scholars (Leeds), she’s concerned if she will miss out on opportunities for friendships with those in the RAP by staying in a different dorm. Also, are they able to balance academics, other commitments and still manage joining a sorority and such. Thanks for your inputs.

1 Like

I guess to be completely honest, my kid would have had more fun this year in Cheyenne Arapahoe (great location, but in definite need of renovations!) and been supported in her classes a bit more by knowing the kids in her classes more deeply. Her dad and I kind of forced her to accept Honors and the LLC (Kitt Central). Dorm is definitely sleepier, but she LOVES her roommate and her actual room and yes, has made friendships through her sorority, but probably not as easily as the RAP kids. If yours is able to handle her studies and the social life, I guess let the honors LLC go… (mine was shocked at how rigorous her classes are, so having a quieter dorm has come in handy-- she’s dual program CS and Business). Good luck-- Sko Buffs!

3 Likes

Thank you.
Was a roommate randomly assigned to her in Kitt or she was able to connect with someone earlier?