University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Class of 2027 Official Thread

Definitely pay attention to the information in the intercollegiate transfer link. Be sure to register for the correct courses. Grades are very important so if your kid’s high school was easy grade-wise, don’t slack over the summer.

Also I’d put some business casual clothes on the shopping list this summer. (Nothing extravagant, maybe look at online photos of some of the business frats.) Frankly, I’m not 100% sure, but I believe my kids each bought a suit before school started in the fall.

Lastly, I don’t know if you can go to campus for an admitted student day but I would visit BIF. Don’t be shy. Try to talk with people.

My kids are about 4 and 6 years out from Gies and things change. I hope if your kid decides to attend Illinois as a DGS student, all goes well.

My youngest graduates from Gies this year ( had older kid that did as well) and your advice is spot on.

1 Like

Congratulations to your youngest! I’m happy your family also loves Gies!

1 Like

Would you mind sharing your stats? I am also interested in CS+econ.

3.89uw, 8AP, 16CC, 5HL, 1500 SAT (770 EVBRW 730 Math) Ok essays, 6 fig biz, intern for a polit campaign, sysadmin, alto and bari sax player

1 Like

Would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks!

great stats!

@88jm19, thank you for the tips! nice to see business students are go-getters.

UIUC is one of the tree universities were are deciding about.

We have lot of homework to do because my kid needs to decide the major. If my kid decides to go Engineering or Business, UIUC is the place to be.

How is the competitiveness and academic rigor in other programs such as college of media (advertising, journalism) and science at the LAS?
I know quality of education comes from the effort the student makes. However, being in an environment among dedicated, focus, smart kids who go the extra mile, allows the students to challenge themselves more and to learn from their peers too.

We have same question for the other colleges not just UIUC as each college has its own top program(s).

I’d love to hear any experiences you may have with the Media & LAS programs.

TIA

Attended accepted student open house today at UIUC. Very nice campus and seems like my son would be happy if he attended. Cost is a big factor, though.

6 Likes

Any word on waitlist ?

I remember messaging you in Feb 2019 as my son wanted to join Gies. I am heading to his graduation day after tomorrow: double major in finance and accounting. Would love to hear from you as I can see you are still active:-).

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! I’m happy for your son and hope he had a great experience. I wasn’t sure if you wanted to hear from me through a direct message or here. I’m flexible. :smile:

Did any one get off the waitlist?

My S23 got off in to COE today. Time to decide between UCSB COE and UIUC COE for Bio- Engineering

3 Likes

Congrats!

anyone get off the waitlist?

1 Like