University of Miami Curfew???

Does UM have a curfew?

@305miamigirl yes and no. The freshman dorms are a little weird in that they “lock” you out after a certain time. I believe it’s 10pm. So if you live in Hecht, you can’t get into Stanford without someone from there signing you in. Also without your CC, you can’t get in ANYWHERE after 10pm. Many people hate it…it is a little silly rule

No, there is not a curfew. What they do have is an additional layer of security, as described by @princeofhappy, that requires you to be signed in to a residence hall by a resident during certain hours. It’s not a big deal to swipe your Cane card. Most students put it into a pocket on the back of their cellphones. Most residence halls I’ve seen at other college campuses do the same thing.

@sdteak @princeofhappy so you have to be in your room by 10 pm? If you’re not, what will happen?

No, you don’t have to be in your room by 10. Visitors to the dorm have to be signed in by a resident of the building after 10pm.

There is no curfew. If you arrive at your dorm after 10, you just have to swipe your ID card at the front of the dorm to enter.

@305miamigirl @sdteak sorry I didn’t mean to confuse anyone. Yes, what sdteak says is correct. Basically you just need someone to sign you in and your Cane Card to visit a dorm that you are not in after 10pm. It’s not a big deal at all, and it’s more of an inconvenience than anything, but again the only time that people really complain is when they go grab uber eats or something and they have to sign in twice. Not that big of a deal and basically only an issue on weekends.