University of Miami Early Action 2026

Please remember to withdraw your applications if you no longer considering a college, as a courtesy to those left.

7 Likes

Colleges account for yield in their number of acceptances, so it doesn’t mean much actually.

It does when colleges consider the pool from your school and you are compared to others. Some do. Northeastern, for example, said that in their visit that they do compare you to those who applied from your current class

1 Like

Well, there is a very small likelihood that the people in this forum happen to attend the same school as you, and are in the same pool.

If someone is 100% sure they are not attending and cannot afford it or something even after appealing, then definitely withdraw. But a lot of people like to look at their options and they may change their minds. They paid the same application fee as you and went through the application process, so they don’t “owe” you anything. So many people go on here and spout the narrative that not declining an acceptance right away even when you’re unsure is stealing a spot from someone else. Not the case. Take your time and evaluate your options, you don’t owe anyone anything.

2 Likes

Don’t misunderstand me. I said if you know you aren’t going to attend. And everyone is in a pool with their current classmates. It doesn’t just apply to my school. My daughter has withdrawn those she can’t afford, and I hope it helps someone else.

3 Likes

you are right - people should withdraw immediately

2 Likes

Architecture at UM is top notch 
 congratulations.

Daughter was accepted but we are waiting on a couple more schools to see who has the best package for her. However, Miami is in the top three now. Is there an “Honors Dorm” for Miami? I thought so but now don’t see it on their housing page. Anyone know?

1 Like

I dont think so - i could be wrong

I did Miami summer scholars and the admissions rep told us if you don’t have at the upper end of the test average don’t submit it. So not really an accurate take.

1 Like

I assume you did not submit and were admitted?

my cousin went TO and got in

Does anyone know where/who we should send our letter of continued interest too besides the counselor in the portal?

2 Likes

My admission counselor said to email it to mydocuments@miami.edu

2 Likes

There is no Honors Dorm. Freshman housing will be tight next year as they’re knocking down one of the towers.

1 Like

is it too late for EDII i’m guessing it is

The deadline was January 1st.

1 Like

Any idea how they will manage the housing situation for freshman with the elimination of the tower?

1 Like

Housing is currently an issue right now. Many students living in local hotels. Miami Hurrican news article 2 days ago: “
This lack of housing for students will continue to be an issue until the opening of Centennial Village in 2025.”

Thank you for the reference to this article. I really don’t like the sounds of this housing shortage. It sounds like Lakeside and University Village are great options for rising Sophomores and other returning students but they are completely sold out. It sounds like this will create a shortage for first year students now. I don’t feel good about the potential of sending my son away to college and not living on campus.