University of Miami Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

From what I have been reading about colleges in general it is a tactic to boost college rankings and protect yield.

Also, by deferring more students to regular decision makes the process more efficient for admissions. By filtering to RD based on stats many students who are likely to attend another school will likely move ahead with enrolling in the other school to take care of housing and beginning planning. They withdraw their deferred applications. Then admissions has a much smaller pool of candidates who are more likely to attend.

1 Like

Do you mean if a student is deferred, if they don’t withdraw at that time it shows they’re serious about attending?

1 Like

Yes it’s all about yield!

Any estimates on the ratio of accepted/deferred/denied for EA?

3 Likes

Yes my son indicated a second choice major in the college of arts and sciences so outside of frost.

2 Likes

when do they come out?

It of course varies by year but over the past two cycles we have met our student enrollment goals of a little over 2k new students accepting their offer before looking at waitlist students so to be honest it is very rare to get off waitlist and growing increasingly more difficult but of course it does happen.

2 Likes

Frost handles for the most part its own admission process so yes it is slightly different, the comments I made above apply to the other academic colleges. But even then it is still easy to switch majors for the most part.

1 Like

This afternoon!

1 Like

So if deferred or denied from Frost, is secondary major (in different school) considered?

1 Like

It is the afternoon. Is there a specific time it will be released such as 4pm?

3 Likes

A little after 5pm, or perhaps a little before:

6 Likes

is it 5EST?

1 Like

I believe it is EST but cannot say for sure.

1 Like

long time lurker first time poster lol, good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Will we get an email or just have to keep reloading portal

Gooooood luck everyone!

2 Likes

Oop deferred. Good luck!

1 Like

deferred

deferred, oh well

Deferred