University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

I just wanted to highlight your post. Thank you for posting this info.

2 Likes

The overall acceptance rate for instate is 2x plus for instate applicants.

1 Like

How does this person know?

UMich doesn’t admit by major, they admit by school (LSA, CoE, etc). They definitely don’t admit by GPA. I assume when they release their waves of decisions, they’re looking at their modeling that shows instate/OOS, male/female, regional, school (LSA/CoE, Nursing, SMTD, STAMPS, etc.), demographics, etc. and that’s where the next admits will likely come from.

I strongly believe this person has insight into UMich admissions.

5 Likes

Wow! Thank you for sharing and congrats!!! That is so exciting and amazing

1 Like

@danloeb Thanks for the information. Do you think there will be a wave before the next Ross decision date (3/19)?

I think there’s a good chance, yes, from what I understand. Next Friday, 3/5, remains a possibility.

4 Likes

Does anyone have any insight or knowledge on this: looking at the review process on the website for admissions- Are students reviewed by individual schools at Michigan or the Office of Undergraduate Admissions? I saw the rating scales- outstanding, excellent, good, etc. but how are these apps reviewed by teams?
Example:) Is Nursing by school or general office of Undergrad? Is Kinesiology by school or general office of Undergraduate Admissions?
Just curious as to the review process. It would seem to me that different schools should have different readers/reviews looking for different strengths and attributes in students. Any info appreciated.

I’d venture a guess and say that both the Office of Undergraduate Admissions AND each respective individual school at UMich have input on applicants.

LSA undergraduate wouldn’t review engineering and vice versa. Each school would review the people applying to their school.

Your high school AO has input on the local level to put the wheels in motion per se.

@sushiritto Do you think there will be a wave of decisions this friday?

Without spreading rumors I think there’s a good chance in the next 2 weeks. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Friday.

Keep in mind. This is just a microcosm. Last few years in between “waves” people got in, in sprinkles… Then a next wave then some more sprinkles…

I know it’s aggravating to wait but for RD it states by 1st week of April. Regardless when you all started everyone is RD now.

But, Michigan does get it right. All of my sons friends and others I have encountered have all been great kids from stellar families from all walks of life. As a short example all the students on my son’s student org board are all doing great things. All had good internships and all are getting job offers or going to graduate school. It’s truly impressive. Now times that with the whole class.

So they have their rhyme and reason they do the things they do… It’s what works for their process…

2 Likes

Our son is a freshman this year and we spoke with the school he applied to directly last year during the application process and asked about the process. Office of Undergraduate Admissions looks at all applications and then passes them onto the school where the student is directly applying. OUA advances all applications, but may flag some students that they feel may not be as successful based on GPA, test score… However, the school for direct admission has the ability to push back on the OUA and autonomy to overrule.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but no, I don’t think there will be wave this Friday. Maybe next Friday 3/5.

1 Like

The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is responsible for LSA, Engineering, Nursing, and Kinesiology. Applications to Music/Theatre/Dance, Art and Design, and Architecture are reviewed by both the general office and the school.

To which school did he apply? Music, Stamps, or Taubman? Those are the only ones that have a role in evaluating their applications.

Hopefully. Next release could be 3/5, 3/12, or 3/26.

5 Likes

It was Stamps –

So for LSA, Engineering, Nursing, and Kinesiology, are you saying that OUA makes the decision and those schools have no say?

Yes. The schools establish their admissions guidelines, which the centralized office of admissions use to evaluate the applications and make the decisions.