University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Even UIUC declared that their results will be out by Feb 19th. I don’t understand what is the problem with UMICH in telling the exact dates.

3 Likes

its all about building excitement for the school… this is the best way… CC groups of schools with assigned decision dates will never be lighting up like this one…

I’m sorry if I missed this, but even if it’s coming today or tomorrow, is there a time or time range?

I really don’t agree with that. GaTech result was out on a Saturday. So even with the logic that the office needs to answer parent queries the day after the results, it could well be a Saturday. That said, of course, I hope it comes out today.

3pm EST

1 Like

Well, they kinda did. By saying “by the end of January”, they are giving a decision date of 1/29 (last biz day of the month). If UIUC uses “by 2/19”, that is as date definite as UMich’s “by end of January”.

hey, i was just repeating what i had seen in here earlier

GaTech had a countdown set the day before though. So technically they didn’t have to physically release anything on Saturday, it was all ready to go

UIUC said ON Feb 19 AT 4:00pm. They were exact and definitive

I think Friday is the day. But admissions staff would not have to be present at work to physically release anything - computer systems can be set to release info at any time in the future - I don’t know why people keep saying “admissions staff doesn’t work on weekends” - does that even matter?!

yes Eastern

1 Like

Should someone call admissions office?

No. we’re almost there. leave them be :slight_smile:

2 Likes

just know if it’s not today … it’s tomorrow… that’s it

2 Likes

I guess to take questions from parents through phone/email. That’s why most schools release on weekdays.

I think sometimes they want to avoid those questions in the heat of the moment and give people a chance to cool down over the weekend :slight_smile: that’s why a lot of schools do Fridays or release decisions after hours? that’s my guess - who knows.

2 Likes

As both a parent of a current UMich Sophomore and prospective EA 2025er, I had some misgivings about his decision to apply initially. It is true, at least IMO, that UM could have implemented better mitigation efforts similar to what has been put in place at other large public schools. UIUC’s 2x/weekly testing being one example. The experience, in particular for the freshman, was less than ideal and with the shift away from the dorms which are now at roughly 1/2 capacity many are either at home or shifted to an off campus living arrangement. Fortunately there have been many sublets available as others that went 100% virtual chose to stay home. The current semester’s plan seems to be a bit more thought out - my D for example has a mandatory test weekly, that said she is part of the Nursing school where they continue to have in-person classes due to clinical experiences. One very positive is that so far, the University in conjunction with Michigan Medicine has been prompt in vaccine rollout for those groups that are eligible. I am cautiously optimistic if my son is accepted that fall will be a more “normal” experience.

1 Like

I’ll tell you it is definitely a consideration in our house. My son is a current freshman at UMich and my twins are watching him continuously put under these stay at home orders and they know first hand how it’s been for freshman this year at Michigan, so I think that has made Michigan a less desirable option for them. They know a lot of freshman at other schools who have seemed to have a much more normal college experience than their brother has (and of course there are many who have had worse since their colleges never opened at all). I don’t know if I want to pay 3 OOS tuition bills for the experience my son has had this year. Ultimately this will end and a degree from Michigan will be just as valuable as it has always been, but in the meantime, if this pandemic impacts next school year like it has this one, even if mine get into Michigan, they will probably choose a school where kids have had a more normal year (going to football games, able to rush and meet people, etc).

1 Like

I was replying to someone who stated “by Feb 19”. Maybe UMich is assuming that by “end of the month” people will understand that to mean no later than 1/29 5 pm EST which is the end of the work month.

I called admissions the lady said we will begin releasing tomorrow and may continue throughout the weekend.