University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Madison only released a few states.

yoo same

omg same here too :slight_smile:

As a parent of a current UIUC Junior, I must say that the way UIUC handled the COVID mitigation efforts was top notch. We are OOS so sending him back was difficult but their communication up front, the app they created to track covid results etc even before Fall semester started showed us that they were taking it very seriously. He is in the Engineering school with labs so it was even more important for us to know the precautions being taken. Before he was even allowed on campus, he had to get his covid test and he has been testing twice weekly (his days are Tues and Fri) and results are back very quickly which he checks via the app. The set up is quite good and he never had to wait to take his test more than 15 minutes (he figured out high traffic times and avoided that). Without a negative covid test, students are not allowed in the buildings. Forbes ran an article about UIUC and testing back in Sept (see below link). So, it can be done, and I have to say that my son has been able to go into the labs and do his work, though it has still be challenging to have online classes and not have the level of in-person interaction with teachers and TAs.

4 Likes

Dec 15 around 8 pm, that’s the night before all my important finals, and naturally after I got accepted into Madiosn I screw up most of my finals lol

1 Like

Have you got into Georgia Tech?

OMG me too.

Yeah, I got in and my brother got deferred which was slightly weird as we have the same stats and similar ECs and all. Unless my brother can turn that deferral into an acceptance, we’re going to Madison as of now.

Neither have I. I heard the rest of the states will come out tomorrow

Mich has always released EA decisions all at the same time, but this year has been different. You never know.

RD decisions have been released in “waves,” in February, March and April.

StrogMedicine appears to have inside info and stated that UMich will release decisions tomorrow 1/29.

Hey @Arhaan were you on the Stanford REA 2025 thread too? I remember seeing you hahahaha

Little nervous, so just wanted to ask - is 35 ACT superscored and 4.5 weighted GPA competitive enough for an acceptance for an OOS student. I understand UMich’s admissions are going to be more selective this year, so I just wanted to garner where my expectations should be.

I don’t think Michigan takes superscores

1 Like

I was. Deferred there. Stanford was kinda my second choice school, so I am slightly freaked out about my top choice.

hheehehe let’s just hope we won’t end up at madison (madison is a great school, but i just wish i can go somewhere better)

Oh thats amazing. I got rejected from there. If you dont mind me asking, what’s your top choice?

Oh my mistake. In that case, a 34 ACT?

Yeah, agreed.

i have the same stats also out of state, so i hope they are haha

1 Like

That seems pretty competitive to me! I’m oos too but my stats are a little lower, and I’m just worried because I’ve heard that out of state can be kind of random