University of Minnesota (UMN) vs. Texas Christian University (TCU)

<p>Hi guys, I am a high school student from Vietnam. I have been admitted to both schools, UMN and TCU, and I am going to major in Finance. UMN gave me a scholarship worth 5k, leaving 24k in EFC; TCU gave me one worth its full tuition, leaving 17k in EFC. The difference (7k) is significant. Both schools have pros and cons, but as far as I know, their schools of business, namely Carlson and Neeley, are both highly-ranked. I have been hesitating between the two, so which one of them do you guys think is a better investment for a Finance major, regarding all aspects (student life, academics, internship & job opportunities...)? Thank you, all opinions are appreciated.</p>

<p>Hey I’m from MN and im going to TCU and I’d say that both business schools are great either one should get you a great job. TCU’s campus is way prettier and nicer compared to the spread out campus of the U. Also TCU has a lot smaller class sizes with no TA’s. IDK if thats a pro to you but it def is to me. TCU also has a warm climate unlike the harsh climate here in MN. So I’d say TCU for sure.</p>

<p>oh and also im majoring in finance as well</p>

<p>TCU is has a top-rated business school. It has a great hands-on undergraduate program with small classes and great professors. Additionally Fort Worth and Dallas offer terrific intership opportunities. </p>

<p>The Neeley School ranked No. 5 in the country for MBAs with the Most Financial Value at Graduation. This is second year in a row for Neeley to be in the elite Top 10 MBAs with the Most Financial Value at Graduation. Only one other school returned to the list from last year, when the list was introduced.</p>