University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

When I looked at the website, it read August 1. If you read differently, please let me know where you saw that? Thanks.

I’m sure I’m just remembering incorrectly if it’s on their website as August 1

1 Like

Completely agree that the earliest a kid can apply the better. My high stats kid (ACT 35 and 4.6 GPA) applied later after an ED rejection and was waitlisted. He was admitted soon after the 5/1 deadline, however. I imagine things might have been different if he applied earlier with some of his other early apps that were submitted around the time of his ED application deadline.

1 Like

Yes, there really is no reason to delay applying. It is a relatively easy app and having an acceptance early on is very nice.

1 Like

How serious is the honors housing llc application for incoming honors freshmen? I feel like my tweet about myself and my idea for UHC was fine but my essay on community wasn’t the best? Very panicked right now because I really wanted to be in the llc…

My essay was only like 388 words btw so…

We had online orientation today. And the advisor was not very knowledgeable.

Is your student in Dietrich? It seems pretty common that the advisors in larger arts & sciences colleges aren’t as helpful. My older child is at a different large university, and that’s what she experienced until declaring her major. She needed to be very self-sufficient, informed, and proactive.

My Pitt 2026 is in the College of Business Administration. Her advisor was incredibly helpful and accessible.

The advisor is there to advise about Pitt, tracks, and reqs. I’m sure some are great and well-informed about every major path and gen ed class, while others are not so broadly versed. At the end of the day, it’s the young adult’s life and it’s your family’s tuition dollars. If the student wants advice there are other avenues to explore, and if he or she wants to take 3 sciences freshman fall they should just tell the advisor they will be enrolling in 3 science classes in the fall, and why. Your student knows his or her capabilities best and this course registration process is one of many college experiences where they will need to proactively advocate for their interests.

1 Like

My daughter did the online orientation but there was no advisor involved. Did she miss something?

Hi Everyone, if your student has not checked, AP scores are out. Hope all is well and your summer has been enjoyable

Hi all. Please help. I am a high school senior and preparing the SRAR from Pitt. I created the SRAR account and added all of my courses. However, I could not submit the record. There is a message below. My graduation year is 2023. Could you please advise me? Thanks.

There is a message " Final submission of your academic record cannot be completed until your senior year in high school. Anything that you have entered up to this point has been saved. If you are seeing this message and are currently in your last year of high school, visit the Enter Schools section to update your high school graduation year."

The application doesn’t open until August 1, so the system will view you as a junior until then.

Thank you so much. On August 1st, should I create the University of Pittsburgh Online Application first, or should I submit my SARS record first?

I think it’s best to do the application first so that they have something to which to match the SRAR. I’m going from memory, though, so if you can’t find that answer on the Pitt website, you could email your admissions officer to confirm.

1 Like

Thank you. I just saw this from the pitt website "Beginning August 1, 2022 the Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) is required for all first-year applicants, with the exception of international students. First-year Common App applicants will receive a personalized link in their application submission confirmation email from Pitt to complete the SRAR. Students completing the Pitt Application will be able to complete the SRAR within the application itself."

I will use the Pitt application. I think it would be easier to complete the Pitt application and the SRAR at the same time.

1 Like

The Pitt application is indeed easy. The only issue is if you want to submit extracurricular and honors. In the past, the Pitt application didn’t include those. You could submit them outside of the application, or you could submit the common app and everything will be in one place.

If Pitt is still test optional, perhaps their 2023 application will expand to include those other pieces.

Yes, you are correct. I prepared the resume for extracurricular and honors and will submit it via:

https://forms.admissions.pitt.edu/supplemental-application-documents

1 Like

Also, I included some significant extracurricular activities and honors in my personal statement.

“The personal statement is your opportunity to communicate directly with the Admissions Committee. Applicants are welcome to submit anything that helps tell their story, being mindful and thoughtful about the quantity and quality of information shared. Share information not included elsewhere in your application.”

1 Like

When do we her back regarding roomate and dorm assignment? There are no updates from Pitt yet.