University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Congratulations! My son was accepted on 10/25, so we’re hoping for a merit award to show up early next week. I think that my son has the stats to qualify for merit, but it always seems like such a guessing game!

1 Like

I couldn’t find the acceptance letter in my portal but only through a link in an email from Pitt for some reason. how did you check your portal to see the doc?

For anyone who needs data:

D is an OOS Applicant.
GPA Weighted: 5.25/6.
SAT: 1260.
Leadership in Sports and Non-Sports.
App Submitted 10/4.
Email stating application received 10/5.
Email from Tech Help Desk 10/5.
Email with Pitt ID #: 10/5
Email about the Doc Center 10/11.
App Complete 10/18.
Accept/Decline Buttons on Dashboard 11/1.
Admission Letter in Doc Center on 11/4 today (no merit information & did not apply to honors).
We just checked the Doc Center today randomly, but have not yet received an email from the college indicating that she has even been accepted.
Good luck to all.

3 Likes

Thanks, data is helpful, especially for those students whose grades/testing scores are not perfect. Good luck everyone.

DS22 OOS NJ
GPA 3.7/4.2
ACT: 30
Civic engagement with leadership
HS soccer team
Part-time job & internship
App submitted 10/11
App complete 10/13
Accept/decline buttons appear 11/3
Admission letter in doc center 11/4 - Business Major
No e-mail yet.

2 Likes

Thank you, and good luck, merit awards seem to be taking ~2 weeks.

1 Like

The link from the email - I think it is called Pitt Passport.

How did you find out about the scholarship offer? Did your son get an email or did he randomly check the Document Center and find a letter there? My son was accepted on 10/25, so if there is going to be a merit award, we’re thinking that notification would probably occur early next week (Monday will be 2 weeks since he was accepted).

1 Like

UPDATE on “For anyone who needs data”-additional communications received:

D is an OOS Applicant-Dietrich-Bio.
GPA Weighted: 5.25/6.
SAT: 1260.
Leadership in Sports and Non-Sports.
App Submitted 10/4.
Email stating application received 10/5.
Email from Tech Help Desk 10/5.
Email with Pitt ID #: 10/5
Email about the Doc Center 10/11.
App Complete 10/18.
Accept/Decline Buttons on Dashboard 11/1.
Admission Letter in Doc Center on 11/4 (no merit information & did not apply to honors). We just checked the Doc Center randomly, but had not received an email from the college indicating that she has even been accepted.
Email to “Check Admission Documents” on 11/5 (day AFTER the admission letter appeared in the doc center).
Good luck to all.

2 Likes

No email, just a regular check. Good luck.

did any of you get official acceptance package in the mail like last year (heard from one of my friends)? or does Pitt actually send out those package this year at all?

D’s acceptance letter was in the document center on 9/25. Acceptance video sent on 10/7 for Dietrich. She also applied to their Honors college as well as Guarantee admin to PA program. She needs to send some additional documents for the PA (letters of recommendation, personal statement) by 3/1 for consideration. Could this be why she hasn’t heard about merit $ yet?

1 Like

Congrats to your son! What major did your son apply for?

hi, ours just say’s " You do not have any pending applications at this time."
we submitted Oct.20. should get in 4.0GPA 1520SAT IB Student…

any help? this is THE hardest website we are dealing with out of 20!!

Hi, can someone tell me if they require SAT scores directly from College Board? thanks :slight_smile: some have taken our self-reporting
and some have not. and with this Pitt website we are not getting a lot of info. thanks :slight_smile:

My DD applied the same time as your DS…4.0UW,1580SAT …. Haven’t heard anything yet either. She had official scores submitted from the College Board…but honestly, since we’ve been waiting as long as you guys, I doubt unofficial scores is the hold up. We are OOS, are you?

Yes OOS, and mine’s a DD as well :). sorry I’m new to all this and both my DD and I use this user to post, so half the time it’s her and half the time it’s me! lol! good to know that we aren’t alone waiting!

1 Like

If you did not apply test optional and want SAT scores considered you need to send them from the college board. Last year when my son applied his application was held up because they were waiting for the official scores. We kept wondering what the heck was taking so long and that was why.

3 Likes

My son applied in October 13th and we haven’t heard anything yet either!

1 Like

My daughter self reported SATs, then got a document and email stating they needed SAT scores directly from College Board. It took about a week from sending scores to Pitt showing application complete. Now we wait.

1 Like

We didn’t get an email or a document but under ‘to do’ that showed up after my first post there was to submit my SAT.