University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

My D applied October 14th and heard back November 4th. Bioengineering and pre accepted into the Swanson Master’s program. GPA 3.9ish unweighted and 34 ACT (36 science). No merit awards as they say they can come as late at March. Also no honors decision yet.

4 Likes

Have any nursing majors had decisions yet?

My daughter D22 applied to Upitt CS in October, got the admission by the end of October with $20K scholarship ($5/year). GPA - 3.96 and SAT 1520 and extra curricular activities in athletics, robotics, vocal and art. Does UPitt provide more scholarships or just the initial one that they have offered?

I received my decision on 9/26 and was accepted to the nursing program

3 Likes

Congratulations! That’s great to hear!

1 Like

@lovedis My daughter’s app was marked completed on 10/14. Acceptance letter for School of Nursing appeared in the document center on 10/28.

4 Likes

Excellent! Congratulations to her!

1 Like

Congratulations! Did she apply for the Masters program?

He applied in Biomedical Engg (Bioengineering). Thank you.

1 Like

congratulations! Merit decisions are about 2 weeks after acceptance, and Honors I believe is in the spring timeframe. Good luck.

Where do you see the merit aid information?

Have any decisions for the GAP medicine program been released?

in the document center - same place where acceptance letter is

What school was he accepted into?

Swanson, Bioengg

Thanks and congrats!!

My child received an email asking to submit mid semester grades. Any thoughts?

do you see merit scholarship information only after accepting to college? thank you in advance.

What is mid semester score? Is it the first quarter report card?

Yes, based on our experience and what we see on the group, admission to the university (acceptance) comes first, then ~2 weeks later, the merit.

1 Like