University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Daughter was accepted for neuroscience also! Seems like a great program.

7 Likes

Awesome! Did she get any news about merit?

I sent my application in last week and sent official scores a day or two after but it still says “initiated” in my app status. Will they only start reviewing applications once scores have been received?

I applied Computer Science
3.97 UW/4.54 W
1450 SAT
Very strong course rigor
Good essay
OOS

Chances?
Thanks

Did they send an email to notify you?

Learning whether you or your child has been accepted to Pitt is like a getting out of an advanced escape room.

4 Likes

My daughter just got an email that her application is now in the “review phase” and it could take 6 - 8 weeks for a determination (!).

She sent in her application 10/11, then 11/25 received an email requesting official SAT scores (we sent immediately), which then showed the application complete about a week after that.

1 Like

My DC received a personal email saying application was complete (after sending most recent SAT scores) a week ago. However, the portal still says her application is pending. Should we be worried? Did anyone get a decision without their application moving our of the “Pending” state?

My daughter’s took about 2 weeks after they asked for SAT scores - probably one week to get the scores, and then one week to process them? The portal than changed to application status: complete.

It takes about a week after receiving all required information. I think they verify everything and then set the status to complete. Since they are receiving so many applications probably taking bit longer.

2 Likes

No, only Admit Letter in his Document Center and two days later we got email with a link to access/check UPitt Addmission documents.

1 Like

has anyone recently received their merit aid?

Not recently, I don’t think. It’s been 3+ weeks since my son was admitted, and we haven’t heard anything. Based on his grades, etc (and previous posts from others who have received merit awards), it seems likely that he will receive something. We were hoping to hear this week or last, but nothing yet. I haven’t seen anybody report anything about merit for at least a couple of weeks now.

2 Likes

My son had applied for Pitt Honors, and the GAP program. He got an admit letter today but it was for the regular college and not Honors. Will the honors communication follow in another letter ?

@aspiremed Honors is a separate process. We may know after the deadline after Dec 1

Thank you!

My son’s acceptance notification was in his portal about 10 days ago. He received the acceptance email two days ago. No information on merit at this point.

In light of the surge in applications it is understandable. They may also rethink their merit award numbers and strategy…If they end up with the same acceptance rate/yield as before they will run out of room…So most likely will ask an increasing number of applicants for mid year grades etc. (another form of continued interest) as opposed to direct admit. No guesses as to what they do with merit awards at this point, but at a minimum they will batch a larger number of applicants together for each decision/communication cycle…

Is the Pitt pattern seen in other colleges too? Are colleges experiencing a surge like last year due to test optional and/or gap year due to covid?

Where is the information concerning a surge in applications coming from? I have seen it mentioned in this thread a few times, but am not seeing any articles about it etc. Thanks

https://admissions.pitt.edu/fall2022update/

Surge in Fall 2022 Applications

A record number of first-year/freshman applications to the Pittsburgh campus have been submitted—so far nearly double the number compared to this time last year! The surge of applications means that you can expect the initial review process to take approximately 6 to 8 weeks.

2 Likes