UPenn Admissions Fall 2022

Hello guys, do we need to submit both CSS and PFAS or the latter is enough? They are taking too long to respond to my emailšŸ¤§

You have to submit the FAFSA, the CSS Profile and the PFAS. The CSS Profile once submitted will probably request you upload a whole bunch of additional documents through IDOC as well.

1 Like

You should have 4 tabs on your portal. Home/Application Info/Financial Aid/Profile.
Under the Financial Aid tab on the portal there should be a heading in red text that says Penn Financial Aid Supplement. Beneath that is some text and at the end of that text is a hyperlink to the Penn Financial Aid Supplement. That will take you to a page with buttons for 4 forms. 2 for this current school year (US Resident or International Student) and 2 for next year. Choose the appropriate link for next year based on your residency. There are instructions below the links. You can complete it electronically or you can choose a link at the bottom of the page to print it out and fill it out by hand.

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

I donā€™t have the Penn Financial Aid Supplement section.

Should I contact their financial aid office? Itā€™s been several days since Iā€™ve had my portal.

Thatā€™s odd. It should show up right underneath the ā€œplease noteā€¦ā€ Its been awhile since I went through this for my DD application, so I donā€™t recall if it showed up right away or if it took a few days. Have you filed FAFSA already? If you click on that link does anything show up as submitted or pending yet? If I recall correctly, you can find a PDF of the file on the UPenn financial aid web site.

edit- you can find the pdf here - but still the link should be there for you to do electronically, so maybe call the office tomorrow. I called the about a form in November and they were very friendly: Financial Aid Forms | Penn Student Registration & Financial Services| Penn Srfs (upenn.edu)

1 Like

When I go into the checklist, it says my FAFSA and CSS Profile are all received, but it has the others docs (I still need to submit) and PFAS as missing, no other option to fill it out electronically. Iā€™ll try calling tomorrow and hopefully I can fill it out online, seems like a hassle to do the PDF form!

1 Like

I submitted on 5th. Have gotten the portal and all but still havenā€™t gotten any interview request. Whatā€™s the latest they give it by

This year our Penn Alumni Interview reports are due 2/16, but late reports happen every year. As to when/if youā€™ll be contacted for an interview, it really is a matter of alumni availability and schedule. It has nothing to do with your chances of admission.

3 Likes

Penn has been consistent for more than a decade telling us that applicant interviews are not the result of a pre-screen. Itā€™s a matter of alumni availability.

1 Like

For the kids who got interview email from UPenn, does your UPenn Application Portal indicating that your application is slated for an Interview?

My S got an email today about alumni interview, is scheduled in the next few days

Already done interview, portal doesnā€™t say anything about interview.

1 Like

You should be able to find the Penn Financial Aid Supplement to download somewhere in the Student Financial Services website. Itā€™s just a 1 page form, as I recall, that gets submitted to Penn financial Aid portal along with tax documents.

yeah, my PFAS in the portal still hasnā€™t shown up, I think Iā€™ll just do the PDF form and submit it manually

How was the interview? Any tips? My sonā€™s tomorrow!

They asked the usual questions - hobby, favourite book, biggest challenge, biggest achievement, why Penn, about academic interests and ECs. Tell your son to be relaxed and enjoy the chat.

1 Like

Thanks! He said it was great and he had a really good conversation. Heā€™s been enjoying the alumni interviews.

Does anyone know if Penn interviews have been fully slotted? My son had another recent Ivy school interview email that popped up last Thu and was completed on Sun. He hasnā€™t received anything from Penn howeverā€¦wondering if itā€™s prob not going to happen. Weā€™re in Va.

My daughter has interview on Sunday
We are in California

1 Like