Uploading Yale Supplementary Materials

I’m currently uploading my creative writing sample to CommonApp, and am confused how to answer one of the questions. Their website (Supplementary Materials | Yale College Undergraduate Admissions) said to upload the creative writing sample into the additional information section of the CommonApp, which I plan on doing.
However, one question on the Yale tab of the CommonApp says, “Do you wish to submit an arts or science/engineering supplement as part of the admission process to Yale University?” If I select yes, it asks me to indicate if I’m submitting an art, dance, film, music, or science supplement.
Should I indicate “no” and mention in my additional information section that the attached file is my creative writing supplement? Or should I indicate yes, select “art,” and upload my writing sample to the additional information section?

Creative writing is not art, and does not get submitted via Slideroom. Follow the instructions as outlined for creative writing and answer no to the art supplement question

How do I upload the sample in the additional information section? I can’t find a way to upload a file so do I just copy and paste (writing a sentence above it saying it’s my writing sample)?

Yale’s website also says “If you are unable to include the creative writing sample with your application, you may also upload your work through your Yale Admissions Status Portal using the Update Application form.” Should I submit the rest of my application and upload it into the status portal?

Cut and paste

Or do that. Either is fine.

I submitted my application via CommonApp. I went to the Yale Admissions Portal and logged in, but it says I haven’t submitted an application yet. Is this because it takes a few days to update from CommonApp? I want to make sure I’m not missing the deadline (Nov. 1 for the rest of my application) to add my creative writing supplement.

It usually takes a few days to get your email with instructions for accessing the portal. Don’t worry.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.