USC Class of 2024 Applicants Thread

There’s a stats thread for those that want to fill it in:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-southern-california/2172049-usc-class-of-2024-decisions-stats-only-thread.html#latest

There is a stats thread for every year, they are good to go through for reference as last year’s will have a lot of posts now. (This one will take awhile to beef up.)

@Anewjourney was there a portal update for your daughter too?

@bartsimpson4 sorry, I don’t have access to her portal, can let you know once she comes back this afternoon

Anyone Received the White packet but No update on Portal?

@LyricalLeader there is no change to my portal.
What/where is the forms section? Is that where the application checklist is?

Anyone Received the White packet but No Change on Portal?

what were your stats?!!

@LyricalLeader Hey, just went onto Reddit and saw that an international got their portal updated one or two hours back. Looks like the portals updated for all merit scholarship recipients. Hard luck.

@egellocnoos It was above the application checklist, mine had some audit form on it.

@u392302 yup, looks like it. :frowning:

Sure, here they are (copied from the aforementioned thread with minor mods) :

Major : Chemical Engineering
ACT : Taken once, scored a 35 in her junior year
SAT Subject tests : A perfect 800 in both Math II and Chemistry
Grades : Has never received a grade lower than an A in almost exclusively honors, AP, or post-AP classes
Classes : Senior year, taking AP Computer Science, AP Physics, Post AP Calculus 3, AP English Language, and Honors Spanish 3. She has already taken AP Calculus BC, Post AP Calculus 2, Honors Chemistry, AP Chem, and Honors Physics.
AP Tests : scored a 5 on all 3 tests taken so far – Calculus BC (taken as a 15 year old sophomore), Chemistry, and English Literature. We expect a 4 or a 5 for her 2020 AP tests for Physics and English Lang.
PSAT/NMSQT : Scored a 1490/1520 (Perfect 760 Math, 730 RW), for a selection index of 222. 98% of the time, this score would qualify her as a NMF. But in her case, she attends school in Massachusetts which has a cutoff of 223. So if she lived in 48 other states, or even if her Math and RW scores were switched (RW is weighted higher than math, so this would have given her a SI of 223), she would qualify. But it looks like the perfect storm hit and she did not.
National Hispanic Recognition Program (NHRP) Scholar
Extracurriculars : Ice hockey – she has been playing for 13 years now, and has flown over 120,000 miles in the last 4 years for tournaments and showcases. Just missed going D1 and possible athletic scholarships. Was recruited by several D3 NESCAC schools, but we had to turn them down for 2 reasons – (1) They are liberal arts schools that don’t offer engineering, and (2) they only offer need based aid – no athletic or merit aid. She also plays 2 other varsity sports, is on the competitive math team (the only non-international student in the club), GAINS club (girls advancing in STEM), and volunteers in the peer-tutoring program.
Finally, her current school is a private prep school in Massachusetts – thanks to a very generous merit/athletic/financial aid scholarship, we only have to pay about 15% of the cost of attendance there.

Hello Applicants and congrats to those getting in! I had problems with the whole login thing but I wanted to come and give our story for new applicants. If you don’t get accepted now, all hope for scholarship is not lost (although small chance). My sophomore daughter was not invited for the big scholarships but when she got accepted in March she got notification of receiving the USC Associates scholarship ($18K a year). So it’s between the deans and the presidential. Only about 10 get them. The nice thing with this scholarship Is they are invited to a fancy tailgate at a football game each season with really good food. She was also eligible for McCarthy but chose Birnkrant. Living in CarGar this year and loving USC!!

is it viewable on mobile? (portal update)

@seniorseasonnnn Yes my Forms section disappeared. Also, I know people were talking about a form showing up asking them to accept or decline their admission and this did not show up on my portal.

has anyone gotten the update if they didn’t get a merit scholarship?

My USC portal still contains the applicant checklist. I applied before Nov 30. What does this mean?

I GOT IN WITH SCHOLARSHIP INVITE FOR FULL OR HALF . From Georgia and Biological Sciences major! Super stoked!! I was going to wait for package to come but the anxiety was eating me alive I had to check the portal!

Honestly shed so many tears today because this morning I was crying I didn’t get a scholarship to the university of Miami now I’m crying about usc, I completely Predicted the opposite, life works in mysterious ways lol

@atlbella did you get your mail today ?

Has anyone on the West coast got a portal update?