USC Class of 2024 Applicants Thread

@KevinFromOC

@what @Marcie123 said.

In the past not everyone of the 1100 was invited to interview, so we really don’t know the breakdown this year. Waiting to see if anyone claims they were offered a Pres without interview strings, where it straight up says they got a certain scholarship. In the past, Presidentials and some Deans were given in the packets - neither requiring an interview (and without chance to bump up if Presidential, only interviewed candidates could bump up).

So far we are only hearing of invites, but the day is still young and not that many different posters statistically. And maybe a birdie will chime in, didn’t think to ask about this.

https://admission.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/USC-Scholarships.pdf

If not practical you could ask if a skype type interview is possible.

Congrats and good luck!

@KevinFromOC, sounds like there’s been a change in the process since last year, so not sure why they even bring it up, other than perhaps to create a perception of odds being better than they actually are without saying anything that isn’t accurate.

1,100 as the number of early admits was mentioned several times upthread, and I took it at face value.

@KevinFromOC They send out 1100 packages, not invites, plus not everyone comes to interview that are invited. I remember the figure being 700ish interview, but I am looking up some of my old notes to double check. Back in a bit…

Might be repeated but is it confirmed if I didn’t get an update as an international yet? Did any internationals get one, I haven’t seen any I think?

if I have no portal update, will there be one later today saying that I did not get a scholarship?

Tomorrow the people who did not get the scholarship will get a letter explaining we will hear back in March. You got the scholarship invite if your portal ups dates anytime sooner than that.

What does the three-day zone mean? I’m in Texas and haven’t heard anything on portal or mail.

Hi everyone! Can someone please tell me if there is a specific section called “Forms” or is everyone referring to the Upload section as Forms? Thanks!

Anyone got White Packet but no Portal Update??

@KevinFromOC

ok, found my stuff.

gonna repost time running out to edit!

The was a section called Forms on my portal. It was removed today. Have had no update after that. Hoping to get into SCA…

@Petervk, thank you! I wish someone could post a picture of the portal with the Forms in it - D cannot find it now, but we don’t know if she is looking in the wrong place or her section was there and removed just like yours. Did you get a notification earlier that you got in?

Sorry, was away from my computer for a bit this morning.

Received box yesterday and an email saying that there has been a change to portal around 9:30 am PST today.

Could the 2/3 stat be that 2/3 of the people who interviewed and enrolled (vs being admitted) received a scholarship?

Since my kid is NM, if she doesn’t get any of the scholarships that she interviews for, is she at least guaranteed 50% for NM?

@lkg4answers Yes! Guaranteed if NMF!

@lkg4answers and if she takes the half for NMF, she is still eligible to live in the honors dorm. My daughter’s roommate in McCarthy was NMF.

How do you know that? Is there information on the website or something?

Forms section was between If you need… Please visit… and Application Checklist

Does national hispanic scholar mean nothing to usc? ?

Thank you! I know there are pros and cons to McCarthy. I don’t know much about the pros and cons of Thematic Options. Thoughts?

@Petervk, awesome, thanks! Yes, D has nothing there