USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I can see final transcript in my Daughters but can’t see commit to enroll unless I’m just looking in the wrong spot.

Thanks eligrayy, but I was asking owenduggan2025, who posted the question mentioning code. I’m certainly not about to hack an admissions website!!! We’re just trying to have a little fun, passing the time. There’s no need to take every question so seriously.

My reply was answering his question (that he’s posted and I’ve answered before). The code he’s referencing is in everyone’s portal and only links to a page none of us have access to.

Please don’t bash @eligrayy. They are always super helpful and upbeat!

7 Likes

eligrayy should be voted most calming, friendly & positive for 2025 threads! :sunflower:

17 Likes

Does anyone know what tuition would be like if my efc was around 30k and income was around 60k?

Use the Net Price Calculator to get a very rough idea of what you’d pay at USC

http://esdweb.esd.usc.edu/npc/

1 Like

If you asset is typical, I guess free tuition

1 Like

Thanks - you certainly have provided a ton of helpful info here.

Interesting cause every other school has given me practically no aid which is very concerning.

60K is not a lot and hard to afford COA 80K
I think Stanford , Harvard would give full ride if you have typical asset and household income is 60K, though the definition of typical varies from school to school.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/usc-offering-free-tuition-to-families-making-under-dollar80000-no-longer-considering-home-equity-for-aid/ar-BB1eY2Ig

also from USC FA site
For students entering USC in Fall 2020:

• Students from U.S. families with an annual income of $80,000 or less with typical assets will attend USC tuition free.

• Owning a home will not be counted in the calculation used to determine a student’s financial need.

• Ensures total university need-based grant funding will continue to outpace annual tuition growth – promising more available grants and scholarships for USC’s talented student body.

1 Like

Would you mind telling me what other schools you got in but didn’t give you generous aid? Could it be OOS state Univ or UCs?

Or if parents have other assets that are counted…a business, savings, retirement accounts etc. Often times, kids have no idea what their parents have in different places. I think those are the ones most surprised they don’t get aid. And what would be “typical asset” for someone? I don’t think there is such a thing. Finances are a very personal thing.

2 Likes

They were mostly public oos like Umich, Uconn, Temple University. It was all ridiculously expensive and would require us to take out many loans. I guess because they are mostly public schools.

It’s actually insane how these colleges expect us to pay over our income and take out loans.

4 Likes

They don’t expect it, it’s a choice. There are plenty of schools that aren’t 80k a year. There are great public schools for less or other privates that may give you more if you go there. Not everyone can buy a Mercedes. But plenty will borrow to do so, it’s a personal choice of priorities, just like college.

8 Likes

state univ are tax payor funded. you can’t expect always other pay for your bill. private schools have more resource in this aspect.

1 Like

hi I received an email on March 3rd asking for 2 documents and another on March 4th asking for an additional 2 documents? Would you say that’s close enough to the decision date/would be a good sign? sry just a nervous senior

And the private school resources are funded by the same people that are also paying taxes to fund the state schools. Aid from anywhere is paid for by somebody.

The best thing is to do the homework and know what to expect financially before applying to any school. Otherwise it can be a lot of wasted time and app fees, plus disappointment/heartbreak of getting in, but not getting enough to attend.

But I get some students just take the shot and hope it works out.

2 Likes

That was awhile ago, and even if last week, it should not be related to decision. Hang in there, not long now and good luck!