USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

What time were merit scholar decisions released last year?

I will post this several times between now and Tuesday just to get it into people’s mind, but when notified, for the sake of others sanity, please include:

ACCEPTED/REJECTED
STATE OR CITY OR COUNTRY
MAJOR

8 Likes

Same exact situation on our end. Counselor sent it in but they still requested mid year grades in early March. Counselor baffled. Maybe they got lost in the system. My daughter is an SDA applicant too. What SDA major did you apply for?

Are all of the times in PST? EST?

I was notified that I was a merit scholar this year at 4:06pm (i’m in CA)

2 Likes

Are these times PST?

PST times yes, as that is where USC is.

Merit decisions came out 5:30 pm last year, we have seen them come out pretty consistenly over the years between 5-6pm.

But of course, this is an odd year for sure!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!

Our HS automatically uploads them for all the students. USC can choose to download it or not.

USC abs the Pac12 are doing amazingly well in the NCAA March madness basketball championship. Stanford women are number one ranked too.

If you need a diversion from waiting fir the decisions then tune in. USC looks great!

3 Likes

True but the UCLA game😳

3 Likes

Does anyone know how much Thornton cares about grades vs talent?

Hi everyone. I just want to know some more information about premed, research, etc at USC. If there is anyone that could answer some specific questions through direct message (possibly juniors and seniors) that would be great!

I’m annoyed at myself for never reaching out to my AO. USC is by far my top choice, and I hate that I didn’t let them know. In one of my essays I made it very clear how much I loved USC (to the point of flying across the country to visit and name dropping our tour guide from two years ago), but alas, it is too late now

does telling AO USC is a top choice make a difference? I wouldn’t think so because if USC wants you, they want you. They don’t want you because it your “top choice” you can really show your interest through your essays. If they are getting so many emails like this I don’t think it really makes a difference.

Their CDS indicates no, but others have said it can be a tipping point factor since they’re private and have no form of ED

1 Like

I don’t know because I feel like USC looks for passionate/creative students which you can show through your essays. They don’t seem to consider demonstrated interest.

Did anyone on here apply to the college of pharmacy?

I hope not! Cuz I didn’t adequately demonstrate thy interest

I didnt either but hopefully it doesnt matter because they said they don’t consider demonstrated interest

1 Like