USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

ahhhh okay thank you! The last minute stress does be hitting hard, USC’s my last reach school and I’ve been waitlisted by all my other ones :frowning:

1 Like

Question for the group - tomorrow they’ll be sending acceptances to 7,100 students, 300 for Spring admit…what about TTP? Is that only for legacy or can you get that w/o legacy? thanks!

Not to seem rude, but there is almost certainly no financial aid correlation. People who were contacted about missing things just didn’t submit things when they were supposed to. I got a similar email back in January, submitted everything it requested, and haven’t heard anything since

3 Likes

from what i have read it is possible to get it without legacy, also wont they admit 4-600 spring students if they wanna enroll 300

What time are the decisions coming out?

also, if you retrieve info directly from the IRS to fill the CSS you will probably not be contacted for more info to verify.

there are ways to fill out the FAFSA and CSS to retrieve info directly from the IRS. I am thinking the applications that were linked directly are less likely to be verified. Who knows. They did ask for the Parent Supplement Form in mid March, which I don’t even get what it is for. Seemed repetitive info. They also asked for his mid year report, even after his high school counselor had sent them. I honestly don’t expect him to get in as his GPA is way lower than average. But he is applying to Thornton and was invited to a live audition. I guess we will know tomorrow.

Then again, why would you be verifying our of a pile of 70K. This late requests have to come from a smaller pile. It wouldn’t make sense.

Hey guys, not to be dramatic, but I worry about you guys - I know this covid thing is so hard on you crazy social teens, you are missing a lot. Add to this college decisions - with elation for some, but for many more, there will be disappointment and angst that is a natural part of the process. We will see both of these in the next 24 hours.

Want to warn you that it can be hard seeing “OMG I got in!”, while the clock ticks away and nothing is coming to your portal or it’s the rejection letter.

It’s ok to be sad, or be pissed and even jealous, but by the time a day to two passes - or set a deadline of by the weekend - commit to shake it off best you can and committ to love the one that loves you. Get your head to the place, “if they don’t want me, I don’t want them.” Just know your special place is out there - because you will make it special. Rise up over rejection. Do great things to make it USC’s loss.

For years, I have always been encouraged by how supportive the posters are on the USC pages here (compared to some other sites). If you are struggling in this process, please talk to someone, even on a random site like this, find people to support you. They are out there, and we are here.

Please don’t let the numbers game of college admissions define you. I said this before, but don’t let anyone tell you or make you think you are not awesome. Especially a college that simply doesn’t have enough space for your awesomeness.

As Stephen Stills sang (and I’m sure most have no idea who that is, but your folks do):

Well there’s a rose, in a fisted glove
And the eagle flies with the dove
And if you can’t be with the one you love, honey
Love the one you’re with
Love the one you’re with
Love the one you’re with
Love the one you’re with

30 Likes

Thanks a lot. I seriously think I have a mere chance. I’m ready to see the rejection letter. Let’s see what will happen soon.

It’s strange to be here at the finish line. But I’m glad to be here with everyone. Hoping for the best for everyone regardless.

6 Likes

i doubt my boy is getting in. The only way he applied is because this year was test optional. He is an extremely talented musician but the popular music program is approx 5% acceptance rate (apparently they only take around 5-6 drummers, or of each instrument). I mean who knows, but we are already planning on a state school he got in for business and very affordable…he would be shocked and ecstatic if he gets in UCS, but not me :slight_smile: I actually don’t want him to move to the west coast, so i am good with a rejection lol

good luck everyone! and thank you for all the knowledge here at CC. It will help me TONS with my next kid in 3 years!

3 Likes

Love the honesty re the west coast. Made me chuckle! I get it!

1 Like

I LOVE the West coast! but the closer it gets for him to go to college, the less I want him that far … we are in NYC suburbs

2 Likes

he won’t be in if he typed the school name like you in supplement essay, just kidding. Wish him the best, sometimes what parents hope for may not be best interest of kids’. :wink:

5 Likes

lol … thankfully I didn’t help him … im sure he typed it correctly! :joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Hoping for the best for everyone. I know technically we’re against each other and I hate that but throughout the last few months CC grew on me more than I could ever imagine. I’m much more active in the UC forums but still. In a way, you guys became my friends. Now that we’re in the ninth inning, I feel a bit sad at receiving my last decision because it means this is the end of my undergrad journey. But worry not! I’ll be back next year when my girlfriend applies and in another three to four years when I (hopefully) get good grades and apply to grad programs. Best of luck my friends and may the odds be ever in your favor;)

11 Likes

@mccr2401 Ya I knew it was a distance thing. One of mine got into UNC for CS and considered it. Same thing for us - the other coast - seemed too far!

Then my youngest went to Europe after senior year of high school (yes at 17 by herself, yikes) for summer college courses. Over the years I adapted - it’s not like I stopped worrying though!

What time r decisions coming out?

I lived in France for a gap year in 1992. No cel phone, no internet, … im not sure how my parents dealt with it to be honest. Crazy haha. But 4 years is too long … and there’s always a strong chance of getting a job there after school, so then its permanent. I mean I would support whatever he wants and is best for him, but its not my preference :heart:

2 Likes