USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Had a couple PMs to post this up again, if already read last night, just breeze on by…

Hey guys, not to be dramatic, but I worry about you guys - I know this covid thing is so hard on you crazy social teens, you are missing a lot. Add to this college decisions - with elation for some, but for many more, there will be disappointment and angst that is a natural part of the process. We will see both of these in the next few hours.

Want to warn you that it can be hard seeing “OMG I got in!”, while the clock ticks away and nothing is coming to your portal or it’s the rejection letter.

It’s ok to be sad, or be pissed and even jealous, but by the time a day to two passes - or set a deadline of by the weekend - commit to shake it off best you can and commit to love the one that loves you. Get your head to the place, “if they don’t want me, I don’t want them.” Just know your special place is out there - because you will make it special. Rise up over rejection. Do great things to make it USC’s loss.

For years, I have always been encouraged by how supportive the posters are on the USC pages here (compared to some other sites). If you are struggling in this process, please talk to someone, even on a random site like this, find people to support you. They are out there, and we are here.

Please don’t let the numbers game of college admissions define you. I said this before, but don’t let anyone tell you or make you think you are not awesome. Especially a college that simply doesn’t have enough space for your awesomeness.

As Stephen Stills sang (and I’m sure most have no idea who that is, but your folks do):

Well there’s a rose, in a fisted glove
And the eagle flies with the dove
And if you can’t be with the one you love, honey
Love the one you’re with
Love the one you’re with
Love the one you’re with
Love the one you’re with

12 Likes

hopefully in 30mins USC is kind enough to relieve the east coast

9 Likes

was ur fafsa picked for verification

Does USC waitlist kids?

1 Like

Yeah probably because my home country is China. But still I found it weird since I’ve lived in the US since I was in second grade, barring occasional home bound visits

1 Like

no it wasn’t

tax form seems to be the indicator of acceptance :frowning:

does international historically come at 12 or is it a part of a later wave ?

I don’t think so since I think the admission office has to admit you too. I applied as an unpopular major too (that I think is awesome). What’s your major?

said literally no one…

3 Likes

Unfortunately they don’t. The closest thing is the spring admission offer and I don’t know if they still do this but I’ve heard of the Trojan Transfer Plan

And again… if admitted, don’t just say “YEA! I got in!” Say where you are from and your major. If not, you will receive many follow-up posts asking for that missing info. Save time … please… and just say it all the first time :slight_smile: :grinning:

6 Likes

it should come at 12 this yr, or else i wont be able to see it until morning :frowning:

2 Likes

same

r u from india?

Only a few performance majors have small wait-lists.

lmao yeah. Wbu ?

m from India too

1 Like

Is this true?

In past years, did USC say “late afternoon” and then release at 12 PST?