USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My son also got into GMP Berkeley. What are you going to choose?

1 Like

D21 Accepted (SoCal)
Viterbi Computer Science

6 Likes

Are appeals looked at on a first come first serve basis?
this is my absolute dream school and i’m devastated that i got rejected. i really have to appeal this decision.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s heart breaking fir our musicians to consider anything other than performance. My son got a full ride at top state school, but is not excited about the program. He also got into Berklee but the cost is beyond…anything…we could do.

1 Like
1 Like

aloedust- Tuition was $18k for the semester, and we found a studio apt for $1,300/month. The school had many options for housing, with price mostly varying with distance, but we tripped across a studio through a friend so we took that… (AUP is located dead center in Paris in 7th arrondissement). In terms of expenses… hard to say, that’s similar to everywhere, I would think
( though I live in NY so I’m used to high prices). The London program is outside of the city and may be more like a college campus where you live in dorms and they feed you- not sure, you should check out both.

1 Like

Congratulations! D22 likely to apply for this major next year. Do you have any information about numbers of freshmen admitted to public policy each year and/or admit rate? Very small and not much information available online.

Hello ! Congratulations galore!!

Could you pl share your stats? My DS ( Senior 2022), is also aiming for Mech Engg. IT would really help him him to build his case.

Thanks

Accepted!
North Carolina
34 ACT
4.7 GPA
Law, History, Culture major (wrote my essays about combining psych and law)

2 Likes

My boy got into Loyola New Orleans with almost a full tuition scholarship. I am ok with a pop music degree with no debt payments afterwards haha. We will probably go visit next week. He also got into Hartt with a nice scholarship, waiting for their financial aid. He got into Berklee with a scholarship but not enough to make up their astronomical cost, although we haven’t gotten the financial aid. He doesn’t want to go to Berklee though. Miami was way too expensive too. He has some other great options for business (including UConn).

2 Likes

My cousin is at Berkelee and LOVES! It!! He is a drummer among other instruments. His major is music composition and graduating this year.

1 Like

My son did a summer program and although he enjoyed it, he told me immediately he didn’t think it was for him. Maybe the size? I would love for him to go to Boston, but dang Berklee is expensive and very little aid. For a music degree is kinda nuts.

1 Like

Never done stats but I wanted to do it for rural town kids
First generation
low income
Mexican American, I feel like I just kicked the american dream in the face
High school type: small, rural, mainly low income

Decision: Admitted (Spring Semester)
State: AZ
Law, History and Culture, BA

3.78 GPA UW, (we don’t have W GPA)
48/266 rank
No test scores
we only have 2 APs offered and I did not take the test for either

Extracurriculars:
quite a bit

4 Likes

Rejected
Ohio
4.15 WGPA
SCA/Journalism/Graphic Design

Congratulations to all who were admitted!

Has financial aid come out as yet ??

1 Like

Have any of the scholarship finalists heard back yet?

Accepted :airplane: :school:!!

Congrats all, and best wishes on everyone’s journey !! Keep your head high and optimistic

1 Like

USC doesn’t waitlist.

Is there a thread for appeals

I am sorry that you got TTL which is not what you wanted. I am sure goods are in store for you regardless of where you decide to go.

1 Like