USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

D21 Accepted to Annenberg (Journalism) for Spring 2022
3.8 UW/ 4.34 W; SAT 1480; 9 APs/8 Honors
Many journalism-related ECs

Just waiting for NYU tomorrow.

4 Likes

Reposting because I really want to know what people think

Will USC send a Welcome to the Class of 2025 email. I was accepted BTW.

1 Like

Does anyone know when Town & Gown Scholarships will be announced?

Do you mind to share your stats if you are admitted to CS majors. Seeing so many high stats kids got rejected. I am so curious to know, thanks!

Including the email as well. From the sound of it, it seemed like they knew I was in. Does the fact that it was discussed the day before decisions mean that they could be changing my decision or something? Please answer, this is my dream school and I can’t give up without a fight ://

bye i was rejected lol how soon can i apply to transfer? also does anyone know their transfer acceptance rate? i don’t think i’m ready to give up on usc yet and it’s been my dream school for so long :(((

1 Like

Accepted! DS finally checked after lax practice! 34 ACT, 3.9/4.3(?), student body President, good ECs and service.

4 Likes

S21
ACCEPTED!
Viterbi for CompEng
OOS (from best STEM HS in Illinois)
No SAT/ACT submitted
GPA - school does not calculate it (subjects are not comparable with other schools)
Excellent grates
Capitan for Programing team First Robotics Club (Last year won the regional competition)
Research in physics in Fermi Lab project (publish papers)
Co-president for Model UN club
150+ hours volunteer work including last summer teaching Java programming for kids on line.
Excellent recommendation from PhD teachers
My older son graduated from USC 12 years ago.
Also accepted – IIT (Full scholarship), UIC, Perdu (presidential scholarship), UIUC (merit scholarship), wait list for GT
It will be so sad if USC does not provide any merit scholarship and he has to make his choice.

6 Likes

I wonder if there is a group chat or FB page or something to connect all of you who were offered TTP? It would be great to share info!?

I have encouraged my daughter to appeal, but she fears it will be wasted energy… that they pull spring admits into fall if their yield is off, but not rejected (or TTP students.) I wish you the best of luck! I say, it can’t hurt!!!

1 Like

Not sure. They say we will get more information in the coming days

D21
ACCEPTED!!!
Marshall for World Bachelor in Business!
OOS (South Texas)
Fight On!!

4 Likes

Hey, pm me, im a wbb major as well

does anyone know if/when they send out acceptance letters in the mail?

D21 is rejected but the letter has the following
“the Viterbi School of Engineering and the Office of Admission have identified you as someone we hope will consider transferring to USC in the future. We hope you will join the Viterbi Pathways Program, a unique opportunity to meet with a Viterbi Admission Counselor and receive individualized, transfer counseling. The Viterbi School wants to help guide you, step-by-step, on the best way to be a competitive transfer applicant. I hope you are interested in this opportunity and want to be considered for future transfer admission to the USC Viterbi School of Engineering. The Viterbi School will be in touch with you in the days ahead to provide more information, including how to set up your first transfer advisement appointment. They will work closely with you to plan out a transfer guide for the next year.”

Seems like TTP but specific to Vertibi School of Engineering. Not too much is available about this program online.

Congratulations! You need to select USC as your #1 choice with NMSC. NMSC does not notify schools immediately so it might take a week or two. After that, you should receive an email from USC that your financial aid summary has been updated.

1 Like

Uiuc vs USC Computer Science. Which would be better.

Odd, there seems to be specific transfer programs for Marshall and Viterbi, but not for Dornsife, their largest school. I mean given their vast amount of resources, it makes sense but also a bit unconventional.

UIUC for CS. But it’s your choice USC is good too.