USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

This article from December 2019 indicates that the 650 number was slashed in half at that time. I don’t know if that still holds true.

Again, not true. When a student is accepted at a school for the waitlist (which USC does not have), they usually must tell the school they wish to continue to be placed on the waitlist. They then accept at another university if they have not heard by May 1. They may not get in or may never even hear from the waitlisted school. Some schools take many people off their waitlist, some schools take few. However, a USC spring admit is a USC student from the moment they accept. They just start in January rather than August. And, I am not going to reply to any more responses since we can not seem to agree on this. Have a good day.

I was rejected yesterday. I guess that just means that I indeed belong at UC Berkeley!
Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

i got in yesterday however i got the email this morning

Thank you for the info!

Yes, We agree to disagree :slight_smile: Have a good day to you as well!

She got her acceptance yesterday, too. I meant did you get the honors email today…which, obviously, you did. Congratulations :v:

I thought that was a one time thing because enrollment numbers were lower that fall, this article may help, seems it ebbs and tides.

Could be. I just stumbled upon it.

When I look up specific years, it consistently mentions between 500-650. At the time, I assumed the “slashed in half” referenced moving half to fall, not a change in admit figure, but I never looked into it that deeply.

That makes sense.

I have just confirmed with my son’s USC admissions rep that a spring admit who is a NMF (and designates USC as first choice by the deadline) still gets the 1/2 tuition. Yeah!

6 Likes

FYI, for USC specifically, your #s 1 and 2 are not correct. My son was offered spring admission and was just told he could still receive the 1/2 tuition award (for national merit finalists who designate USC as first choice by the deadline). He also scored 35 on his ACT (one test) and his grades were good.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this for your DS. Viterbi is a tough one. My DS had similar stats and was rejected 3 years ago. Tough to reconcile when you see people with lower stats getting accepted. That is the challenge with a ‘selective’ school. You never really know what is the winning ticket outside of the standard “hooks” of URM or 1st gen.

2 Likes

hi!! yes i did (:

Just want to thank all posters re their thoughts on spring admit issues. All were helpful and well thought through. In the end, I respect USC’s objective of protecting its interests. I’ve got to similarly protect my daughter’s. As one poster pointed out, though, it’s troubling that those interests are already diverged in what is being characterized by USC as an “admit” scenario. I guess that sort of helps make my kids decision, or at least heavily informs it.

1 Like

AU is a fine school. It’s just an undergrad degree. Hence, expense should be kept to minimum.

do you think everyone recieved this email?

i appealed and got in - they let you send it after may 1 once they know everyone who is committed

1 Like

is there any way i can send you a pm? i don’t really know how cc works lol