USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

We got it too! What a nice surprise.

I wanted to take a minute to say thanks for your input and insights throughout this process. I don’t post much (or almost ever), but reading this thread has kept both my daughter and I sane for the last few months. We got great news this week, IN to SCA (media studies, second choice), and I am pretty sure my daughter’s feet haven’t touched the ground since…anyways, thanks, it really is a great space for information and mental comfort.

5 Likes

for those who have received their final merit decisions, was it on your applicant portal or email inbox or somewhere else? and do they only notify you if you receive one and don’t email you if you didn’t get any merit?
and also online it says they should all come out no later than today right?

Was the second scholarship related to national merit?

It doesn’t seem to be. My son hasn’t even named a school for NM and the amount is different from the number I’ve heard on here.

He did get the $2500 NM award last week.

1 Like

Thanks, that helps. Does it look like it is a Dornslife scholarship? I believe Viterbi Fellows notifications were sent out today as well.

That is so great that you had this type of relationship with your AO…ours didn’t get back to even one of our emails (of 3). We had legitimate questions and had to turn elsewhere for answers. Luckily there are so many other helpful people that work at USC!

Everyone I have spoken too got an email yesterday and is also able to view their award on their financial aid portal

It was definitely not for me because I did not do NM but I am in Dornsife so I am guessing its a Dornsife scholarship but I can find no additional information.

awe that sucks, i got pretty lucky then. i’m glad that you eventually got your help though!

2 Likes

so totally crushed - i have to pay ~82k every. single. year. to attend this school

there is no way my family can afford that :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

Hi all,

Recently I saw that $2,500 per year was deducted off my net cost for the USC College Financing Plan. I was wondering if there is a specific scholarship that awards that amount yearly. I did recently get designated as a National Merit Scholar, but I believe that is a 2500$ ONE-TIME payment on behalf of NMSC, not sponsored by USC. What could this be?

That’s why my D most likely wont be attending :frowning: I do not believe they offer any scholarships for her school

1 Like

I thought I read that not all financial aid was out ? (May be wrong)

I would be interested in how accurate the Net Price calculator is on the USC website. Did it indicate your family would get financial aid?
So sorry you are dealing with this.

1 Like

their calculator gave me 76k (pretty much the same as 82k at this point), so i suppose it didn’t indicate we would get aid. pretty sure all aid is out – mine says there is no aid update because i haven’t applied for loans or received a scholarship. we’re stuck in that “perfectly middle class” area, so it’s just a bit disheartening to see that i have to pay that sum of money.
on the bright side, i have really great UC schools & NEU, so i guess this whole aid thing is just redirection :))

3 Likes

Could be in that NMSC sends your scholarship to USC. Did you already notify NMSC that USC is your #1 choice?

That could be a possibility. I already selected USC as my first choice school, however some other individual also got this deduction today even though they had yet to selected a first choice school for their NSMC scholarship.

I have also yet to accept the Conditions of the scholarship, so I’m surprised that USC would already be notified and making the deduction.

That’s true. If you didn’t accept the NMSC scholarship then it most likely isn’t that.

My daughter just checked and her financial aid is out. Not sure how long it’s been there. Tiny little amount but I guess every bit helps.

1 Like