USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

my mum was really worried about me getting good housing (cale and irani) so i finished registering at 9:10 pdt lol

Great time stamp, did you put other building options? All housing there is good for different reasons, it’s easy to be happy at USC regardless of where you live. I was more concerned with a good room mate more than cushy comforts, but you guys are 18, time for you to deal with your own stuff. Even if your parents think you need all these extra comforts, you guys manage just fine. :wink:

Actually, there were some students living at USC in dorms during covid in singles. Students were able to apply for hardship/particular reasons and allowed to stay on campus. My D’s bff was there all year, was glad USC could accomodate them. Rules aren’t always hard and fast fortunately, as these students needed the option.

They even had a special site to quarantine student if exposed. Testing was regular and easy. Food and services for them were available. They took excellent care of them all year long.

USC does a good job taking care of their own and I was really proud of the job they have done during Covid. Rest assured newcomers, yours will be well taken care of, even in a pandemic!

Anyone have Fed Ex coming from 1150 S Olive…

1 Like

Yes, I know. All campuses allowed hardship cases (homeless, foster youth, etc). Athletes were also allowed to move into the dorms. But those numbers are much smaller than the number of freshmen that were allowed to move into the dorms at UCSD, UCI, UCD, etc. which are in other counties.

The good news is that the Governor announced today that if vaccine supply is sufficient and our hospitals are in good shape, the state will completely reopen on June 15. In the Press Release it states that higher ed should conduct full-time, in person instruction, in compliance with public health guidelines. Hopefully the local public health guidelines will allow the dorms to open to regular occupancy.

1 Like

If we submit the housing application and later decide not to commit, do we still have to pay the app fee?

YES!!! So Excited!

1 Like

is it admission packages?

No, not this year.

Hmmm - wondering what it could it be then if both have fed ex packages coming from 1150 S Olive? Seems too coincidental to not be from USC

1 Like

he’s replying to another comment lol, it’s not about packages

ohhh ha ha! Thanks!

Of those who chose not to attend USC… is there a trend of what else they opt for?

1 Like

The famous white boxes are sent USPS, not Fed Ex, and come from 90089, USC’s own zip code. Even if assembled elsewhere due to covid (like somebody’s house, lol), they would still use USPS to ship. But limited staff is in, so more likely to still come from USC.

Some of the school’s send t-shirts or the famous Thornton sweatshirt after you commit, have you done that already? The future orientation package will have goodies too, those come later.

1 Like

Check the USC Admission IG Story - USC Undergraduate Admission (@uscadmission) • Instagram photos and videos

2 Likes

So, you only get these boxes after you commit?

My daughter received a Fed Ex tracking notification and the sender is the name of a Marshall undergraduate admissions coordinator.

2 Likes

Not committed yet.

1 Like

I haven’t gotten my financial aid package yet and it has been a week since I have gotten in. Is this normal? I emailed my admission counselor but I didn’t get a response.

1 Like

same - and also not committed yet

2 Likes