USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

That thornton sweatshirt kinda nice :smirk:

2 Likes

They have always been sent to all admits. Last year they were set to go out around March 20th and the country shutdown around the 16th, and there was all that crazy concern of packages…plus USC manually assembles them days before they are sent. So they didn’t go.

We heard that class got a condensed version, the folder and envelope months later.

We have yet to see what they will do with the admits this time! It’s an upside down covid world but getting better everyday.

2 Likes

Yes it can be normal, but good at this point to call FA and make sure it is on them and not you. That can give it a bump.

1 Like

CADREAMIN,

I applied for the McCarthy Honor College today. For the two person double room, do students need to do their cleaning? Vacuum, clean own bathroom??

Does Marshall send something?

I have three questions:

• Have all merit-based scholarships been sent out?
  • What determines the housing you get specifically McCarthy? I think I got a small $3750 merit scholarship but I’m not really sure if it even is a merit scholarship.
  • People say to apply right away. I just finished applying. Am I late/at risk of the spots already being taken?

Besides the airpods for scholarship candidates im not sure

Anyone applying for Thematic Option here? Is it competitive? Any advice on application?

My son had weekly cleaning (as u mentioned just bath and vaccum) but it didn’t handle the mess the guys made, so there is certainly some on you! Not sure if this year will be the same since things are a bit whacky, but should be back to normal I would think.

If you applied today you are in great shape for your top couple choices. Likely even your first, but just depends on how they configure space they have (and that’s changing all the time for them currently).

Rising sophomores missed the whole freshman experience, so I would assume they are getting some well earned priority in housing, but there’s a lot of housing now with addition of the Village.

Yes it seems they have per some USC AOs.
McCarthy is Pres (including NMF) and Trustees, not all merit. Those that were notified and interviewed are the ones with priority there.

Thank you! If I didn’t get those interview scholarships should I even bother putting McCarthy down as one of my 5 choices?

Also if I snore is it a significant reason to consider getting a single room? Everyone in my family is saying that people will hate you/gossip if you snore and room with someone.

1 Like

You could try for a McCarthy, they will just move to number 2 if not available for you. Rarely are they getting to your fifth choice unless someone does all the same building (but also risk getting placed wherever).

Honestly, unless you were submitting at 9:04am you pretty much have no chance of a single. Less than 2% are singles and they are popular requests, mostly given to returning students and the RAs. But you can call housing and ask about your issue, honestly they have heard it all and might have suggestions. My room mate snored. I kept a pile of wadded socks by my pillow and would throw them at several times a night her so she would turn over. :slight_smile: I was maid of honor in her wedding so we survived her snoring!

1 Like

yea, i put birnkrant as my 5th option - i’m not usually too picky or demanding, but hearing that rez halls don’t have a/c really shook me… coming from canada, where i’m used to it being rather cold with open windows at night, i don’t think i’d be able to handle la during late summer/spring without a/c

1 Like

Is on-campus housing guaranteed for freshman this year?

If I switch from Viterbi to Dornsife, Do I have to give up Dean’s scholarship?

No you do not have to give it up. That travels with you.

How difficult is it to transfer from Dornsife to Viterbi? My son got admitted to in 2022 spring. He is interested in the biomedical engineering major, which he has been admitted to at a few other schools. Flexibilities in switching majors is part of his assessment as well. Thanks

You have to apply and be accepted. It is not automatic like it would be switching majors within Dornsife. But students do so all the time. Internal transfers of this nature are common… just not guaranteed when trying to move into the more competitive schools like Viterbi, SCA and Marshall.

1 Like

We also have not received our FA package yet. Does not accepting admission yet light a fire under them or is it irrelevant? We are hesitant to click accept before receiving the FA proffer.