USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

They did not ask for the application fee when you submitted. I thought it was odd but there was nowhere to pay.

Talking above about nowhere to pay the housing application fee.

I am still waiting. I checked FAST yesterday and they requested 2 more documents so I called the FA office and they said it could take anywhere up to two weeks to get my package after they have all the materials.

1 Like

It says that the housing app is temporarily closed

I think there was an option to check so payment for housing application fee gets charged to your account – presumably after you accept the admissions offer.

1 Like

Thanks @Sparky232. That explains it.

Thank you! she did say it was charging school account.

FA arrived today

1 Like

Did they send an email? We’re still waiting and wondering.

How difficult is it to double major in Marshall/Viterbi schools if you got admitted into Dornsife?

Ours did as well.

I just checked the portal and it was there. No email

2 Likes

It will take a semester or two (or more) to get into those schools from Dornsife as there are prereqs you must take before you can transfer into them. There is info on the website about internal transfers. Also typical Marshall internal transfer gpa is 3.8 so it is competitive as well. So besides requirements there is a time issue as both majors have many requirements to fulfill that don’t overlap. It would take very careful planning from day 1 to do it in minimal time. My guess is since you are not coming into either school to begin with, it may take an extra semester/summers to fit it all in. You could lay out a four year course plan yourself to see how to make it work.

A lot of people think they are gonna rip through a double major, but then realize it is also a lot of work and credits ($$$$) to accomplish that, even more so when 2 different schools. But quite a few do double major.

1 Like

My DS got the snail-mail envelope today (we are Bay Area) – basically a letter and USC sticker. He was a tiny bit sad after all the hype for the “white box” but honestly, nothing can wipe the grin off his face after getting accepted to SCA last week! :smiley:

1 Like

Seeking advice from @WWWard, @CADREAMIN, or anyone else who wants to weigh in. DS and bestie are driving down to LA from SF for a few days next week over spring break to visit both USC and Chapman. Both have tested negative for covid recently and are super cautious. Are there any buildings they can go inside or people to talk to . . . or should they expect to be walking around outside most of the time? I think they mostly just want to bust out of their rooms for a few days, but it would be nice if they could get a strong feel for SCA, Marshall, dorms, etc. Thanks in advance for any advice about what’s open now.

I was just there and will PM you!

1 Like

Thank you!!

Hi CareAdmin :slight_smile: Might you know the preferred or any specific housing for SDA Freshman students?

Hi - I’m new to this chat, but my daughter has been accepted to Marshall and we are planning to fly out from Chicago next weekend. Can you pass along any visiting tips to me as well? Thanks for all the advice - I’ve read everything and it’s all very helpful!

My daughter received a grant that made USC doable, financially. My concern is, what if she commits and then she does not continue to receive that same grant amount each year. That would be a real risk for us. Does USC have a good reputation for offering the same financial aid each year, so long as our circumstances don’t change?

2 Likes