USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

you’re welcome

My son was accepted to Thornton Music Technology/Music Production. Although he has worn the sweatshirt they sent non-stop since it arrived, he has decided to go to the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts. We were lucky enough to visit before the pandemic and the program just really fits him. It was an even longer shot than USC - acceptance rate is 4%! - but he got in.
He is excited to live in another country and says he is comfortable if he starts his career in England. Although a USC degree is hard to pass up, the entire tuition we will pay at LIPA (which gets locked in when you start) is about US$65,000. That’s really hard to pass up.

4 Likes

Absolutely easy, and frankly encouraged, to do minor in another school. Also easy to double major (that is more a time thing) in another school. My students have done double majors, major/minors. Get all you can out of your education!

I’m not big on rankings cause I’m in mktg/PR and know they can be bought and sold. (Tech rankings but still rankings.) I think what you do at any school, who you are as a person, and how you represent yourself is way more indicative of your future success than where the school is on a ranking. And the Trojan Family network is behind you as well. That network is serious stuff.

I wish our colleges would follow this example and set the tuition for all four years the same as the first year. There have been jarring increases in the past. It provides the consumer price certainty and the college is better situated to manage the cost and pricing side.

2 Likes

so if I switch my housing when I submitted the application on tuesday, I will still hold my place in the submission order in terms of their “first come first serve policy”?

Yes, you retain your original time stamp and can change housing selections, your personal profile and anything in there. Just log into your housing app. Again, if any concerns, call USC housing to verify, they are the nicest people!

When will class registration begin for the freshman? I see some ge courses already filled up for Fall 2021. Will USC open up more spaced for the freshman.

Congratulations to your son! :slight_smile: That’s aa great point and you are so right… the fear on unknown annual tuition increases, current economic climate, and no scholarship opportunities as freshman really worries me. I feel like you are honored to be accepted for SDA but since they know how fortunate you are there is no need to offer any continued financial incentive over the years. Kudos on the sweatshirt! D got a sticker! lol :slight_smile:

LMAO! Yes just a sticker.

I just need to keep reminding myself that not all the successful driven people graduated from USC. My H would love for her to attend, I am swayed to a UC school, D is a great kiddo and will make the most of anything . Thinking of the total $ for 4 years for us… I would never sleep again. Especially knowing tuition/housing will increase each year and my D is already fully invested into the school each year. I am thrilled for all who are able to attend and are able to financially make it work :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Has anyone received their financial aid?

1 Like

Is it too late to apply for housing?

They tend to save a # of spots in key GEs for all orientation sessions for freshmen. It will work out fine.

No… but I would do so asap.

1 Like

Yes we we did

1 Like

Does Viterbi send an admission package as well to admitted students?

Nope, still waiting.

3 Likes

The Fed Ex box arrived! Inside is a white box and inside that there’s a tri-fold thingy that unfolds to a picture of Fertitta Hall tower. Then there’s a colorful brochure/booklet and then under that a gold embossed congratulatory letter, a USC Marshall Pin and USC ear buds. Yay!

4 Likes

That’s really exciting! Can’t wait for my daughter’s box to arrive today!!

1 Like

My D submitted housing application. But she doesn’t know where to pay the deposit. Help please

Yay! The ear buds are a Marshall thing…unless it changed, but that was always their special goodie. And not everyone reported the box, instead they got an envelope, oh and opening to Fertitta Hall - that indicates this is the Marshall styled package. Nice.

Btw Fertitta is a glorious beautiful building/center for Marshall just built a few years ago.

1 Like