USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

If i submit the application for regular, can’t i get any scholarship?

To be considered for the primary USC scholarships you must have your app in by today at midnight. There are others given, primarily through groups at USC that sponsor them, but they are nowhere near the size of the Presidential and Trustee.

Also, sorry to those that sent me a PM in the last couple weeks, just before or during the site conversion - I was unable to reply and now I don’t see them at all…

1 Like

Has anyone heard stats on the number of people who applied by the 12/1 deadline this year? Curious what numbers look like vs. last year.

That figure is always included in “sorry you didn’t get a scholarship” notification at the end of January.

3 Likes

According to that insider’s guide, I should let the office know if USC is my top choice. Does this email sound ok?

Dear _____:

My name is ____, and my application ID is ____. I would just like to let the USC admissions office know that USC is my first choice college, and I will definitely commit if I am accepted and can afford to attend.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

What’s the insiders guide?

^. Should I send that email though, lol?

I applied for the scholarship!

2 Likes

They actually encourage emails telling them you are committed to attend USC. The only thing that concerns me is saying I can pay up front, signaling a scholarship isn’t important to you. If you can get some bucks, get some bucks. So I would send one expressing your love and commitment for now. Then you could even send another after scholarship decisions, to remind them it is still your first choice by a mile (obviously you can find better words there) and you are able to attend financially.

This should be sent to your admissions advisor, you can look them up here:

Good luck!

hey there ! if i were to send an email telling them that they are my first choice, how should it be done ? i only ask this cause i just didn’t want the email to feel random and out of the blue haha

1 Like

Look up your advisor (they have web link called find your counselor) and email them. Just tell them USC is your first choice, you are committed to attend if accepted, and with your strong xyz, you believe you would bring a lot to the school as well. Short and sweet. Good luck!

thank you so much !! goodluck to you too !!

Does anyone have experience with what type of aid they provide to OOS applicants? Especially underrepresented minority applicants? Thx

USC is a private institution, should have no difference to CA and OOS applicants.
If you apply by 12/1, you are considered for merit scholarship.
There may be other scholarship for URM, check the website or called the FA office or AO.

1 Like

Mine did send an email to her admissions officer and expressed how interested she was and did end up getting accepted (different school)

im about to send it, but what do you think would be an appropriate subject ?

Something along the lines of telling them its their number 1 and they are interested.

1 Like

thank you!!

It would be interesting to know how USC’s application numbers have been impacted this year, given the 15% increase in apps for UC campuses, and the general increases in numbers reported by other prestigious schools recently. My D21 applied last month (computer science) – I’m a little nervous for her given these increases. Glad she has some solid backups. :grimacing:

Best of luck to all!

3 Likes

When do the first admissions decisions come out? January? Thanks.