USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Do you know how accurate USCs cost calculator is or have an experience with it that you can tell us about?

See it as a blessing

1 Like

Hi. My son has applied to 7 schools for Architecture. I’m wondering if that’s what your daughter submitted a portfolio for…? I haven’t come across any architecture applicants to compare notes with.

Sorry, no. She submitted it for art & design (animation, video game design and scientific illustration depending on the school).

Best of luck to her.

1 Like

@srm042 agree with @lkg4answers, I would not be worried about working that in and focus on conversation at hand. Many people that don’t qualify for aid still can’t afford USC, or choose not to spend or borrow that much to attend USC without aid, and they get that. But there are also people that will do whatever it takes or sacrifice whatever to send their kid there. It’s an individual and personal choice, but really not part of this conversation unless they make it so. Regardless, everyone wants free money. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I emailed my admissions counselor and cc’d the dornsife college that usc was my top choice and dornsife emailed back and said they do not track or consider interest but they appreciate the enthusiasm and wish my best of luck with my college pursuits. Was it a mistake to email?

@usc2025hopefully Not at all, it is good to do. In the end, they want to choose people that really want to attend.

1 Like

Thank you! USC is her top choice so fingers crossed. Same to your son. The only post I can recall seeing anyone talk about architecture is NC State.

Awesome, thank you!

My son also applied to the architecture school. Did your son receive a merit invitation?

@srm042 Congrats on your acceptance and interview invitation. This invitation means that USC considers you as an exceptional candidate that is likely to get admission to schools that are equally or more selective than USC. And they want to offer a merit scholarship to entice you to accept their admission offer.

So, you should be proud of yourself and be confident in your interviews but you also have to realize that you are competing with equally qualified candidates for a higher merit scholarship.

About your need for a full scholarship, you could say something like “I am really excited, honored, and grateful for this opportunity because USC is my dream school but I could not imagine myself attending without a substantial merit scholarship.”. Or some other indirect way of showing your need but in a polite and mature way.

Good luck!

2 Likes

He did not…How about yours?

Yes, my son applied to the Arch school as well.

Nope. We had asked during an arch info session and counselor said not very many were given. The number of invites is proportional to the size of the school. Have not heard of anyone getting one from the smaller schools this year, ie Architecture or SCA.

1 Like

does usc usually come out on march 31st or a little time before

Usually around the 24th, sometimes earlier, but it’s an odd year as we all know!

stats please?

Just saw on another USC discussion forum that a student who applied RD was accepted today. Is USC known to do rolling admissions?

How exactly would I know which residence hall is suitable for me? I was accepted to Marshall’s WBB program, and have asked a few seniors, but was hoping someone here could tell me as well