USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Good luck to your twins!

1 Like

Is it typical to have two students in your interview. I’ve always heard someone from the department or admissions, a professor and a student.

Thank you.

I think it is normally one of each. Maybe one of the other people couldn’t make the interview time.

1 Like

Quick question - has anyone sent their AP scores? My D has a couple of 4’s and was wondering if it would help or hinder her chances. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

My AP Scores were listed in the Common App.

i got a 3 and 4 and 1s still got merit

I accidentally wrote college of pharmacy instead of the school of pharmacy in my supplements. Do you think that would ruin my chances of admissions?

I started a club at my school after submitting my application, but I have spend a lot of time on it. Should I tell my admissions counselor about it or is it pointless at this point?

1 Like

I would

1 Like

We did not. DD scored all 4 and 5s, AP Scholar with Distinction was listed on her Application. We were not notified for scholarship.

1 Like

Sorry if I missed it - so many posts to scroll through. What are people’s thoughts on when decisions will be announced?

@lonleygirl123 college versus school won’t make a bit of difference or impact so don’t worry about that. Yes, it is fine to send In info on the club or anything new since you turned in your app. I would say more than started a club and mention it’s impact on you or others.

@879800 usually and predictably around March 24th. Yet to be seen if this covid year will impact it. Merit decisions were about 2 weeks later than the norm. If May 1 remains commitment date I would think they would then stay close to March 24.

2 Likes

Apart from McCarthy, which dorm is the best in terms of food, ventilation, utilities, etc?

Ventilation and utilities? What are you asking about here?

Parkside, EVK and USC Village are the big eateries. Parkside use to win for food, but they each have their better things and specialize in being better at different times (breakfast/lunch/dinner). You will tire of all dorm food selections at some point…and head to Lemonade or other commercial places at the Ronald Tutor Center or just outside of campus to mix it up.

Thank you. Ventilation as in air conditioning- I read that some buildings have AC systems that frequently stop working

See post 1509 above for an excellent recap about freshman housing options.

1 Like

Is there a way to submit additional info that occurred after your application was originally submitted?

Sent an email to AO who actually recommended not sending it as “it was unclear if they would have time to review it”.

If not through your AO then there’s pretty much no way (I’d assume (unless its incredibly important)).

Have any prospective students been able to set up their housing profile yet? I know it doesn’t officially open until tomorrow but the email says you should be able to set it up in advance…