USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

deleted

@WeehWooh, good to meet you; I got the notification last week that I won a J-100 scholarship! Also looking to do AFROTC at USC, which is pretty nice with a full ride. Hoping we both get in!

I contacted the AFROTC Detachment to let them know I have the scholarship, which could help you get a foot in the door with admissions. Have you or your instructor shoot them an email and see if they can fight for you!

1 Like

Rooting for you, man!

1 Like

Thanks, bro! I just sent the email, thanks for the advice! If we’re both accepted I’d love to connect! Rooting for you too, fight on!

1 Like

By the way, have you received the actual email yet? My instructor told me and said that I should’ve gotten an email yesterday but I still haven’t gotten it yet. I’m confirmed to have the scholarship but I haven’t gotten an email from the AFROTC HQ with additional information. Have you?

1 Like

I haven’t either, but my instructor forwarded me the email from HQ to him. They just gave a press release today, but I haven’t gotten any direct correspondence as of yet. Assuming we’ll get it tomorrow.

1 Like

Great, thanks!

Deleted!!! lol :crazy_face:

That’s just the full checklist opened up. The information there isn’t anything new.

You are awesome!! i best delete my post before it might get crazy! lol

Yeah, some of the post responses tend to take on a life of their own. I find myself hoofing lightly before I write anything sometimes.

I have a question regarding acceptance for scholarship consideration. If you applied for scholarship consideration and you are high-need for financial aid overall (Ex. EFC is $0 or pretty low), can USC reject you for scholarship consideration simply because you would get a full ride / a lot of money in the form of grants and they would rather give the scholarship consideration to someone who is actually anticipated to pay for tution, within the context that USC admissions really finds an applicant deserving of scholarship consideration. I know USC is need-blind, but in this case is there an extent of being need-aware, because I personally think it wouldn’t be smart from USC’s end to give a scholarship amount of that caliber to someone that already has a EFC of $0 and would rather give it to someone paying more for tution, in order to allure them into committing.

1 Like

Should we assume decisions won’t come out until April 1?

People on reddit claim 3/30 has been confirmed as the date in an email to counselors. As far as I can tell, this has not been verified by anyone (we haven’t seen these alleged emails).

@CADREAMIN finds this highly unlikely as historically they have always been between 3/18 and 3/24 for the last 10 years.

So the short answer is, we do not know when they are coming out yet. Though we are fairly certain USC will tell us at least a few days before they come out so it shouldn’t be a surprise.

2 Likes

I got an email yesterday asking for my mid year grades. I was so excited haha. I will obviously submit them today but does anyone have insight on what the request for mid year grades means (in a deeper meaning)?

were you already admitted and up for scholarship or are you waiting for an admission decision?

Waiting for an admission decision

From the askUSC FAQ page:

We find that an applicant’s senior mid-year grades can help us make better admission decisions. These grades can show how applicants handle some of the most challenging courses of their high school career, and they can further illustrate emerging trends in overall performance.

We send many requests for mid-year reports in January and February to applicants from whom we would like to see additional information. If you receive such a request, you should submit those grades via the USC Applicant Portal as soon as possible, as we will not be able to continue our review of your application without them.

As long as your grade is not down trend.
But if your grade are in doubt, you need uptrend grade

I asked USC for an update re: 2025 decision date today. This is their response/copy and pasted from the info session:

Andrew Huerta (he/him): Hi M***–not yet. We have finished most of our initial (and second) reviews and will spend the next 2-3 weeks in committee as we shape the class. We plan to release decisions by April 1st. Due to the increase in applications, it will likely be up to that deadline. I know in previous years we usually release mid-march.

4 Likes