USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

We love Yardhouse at LA Live. Easy parking underneath, or Uber in 2 miles from campus. Get a big booth there and enjoy - very fun atmosphere at Yardhouse and LA Live is just really cool, like a mini Times Square with all the technology. We have had a magical time everytime we go there and it has been many times!!!

2 Likes

Thank you! That’s a good suggestion.

1 Like

S22 is delivered! His room in McCarthy is huuuge! It is a 4 person, 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite on the end of a hall. Bathroom is nice sized and the foyer with couch gives a sense of added space. Window view looks towards downtown and mountains. He is very pleased.

2 Likes

Waiting for Convocation to begin! Move in to Birnkrant very smooth. Her room has a view of the Hollywood sign! Most of her stuff packed in IKEA Frakta bags, then folded and stored in her suitcase under the bed — ready for move out in May.

Campus looks great, lots of excitement. So happy for her. :heart::yellow_heart:

4 Likes

My son is a freshman, class of 2026. He is living in McCarthy. For the next year he wants to get a room in Illeum. When does he need to apply? How can he get a good number in the lottery?

Mine too! I just asked about this. She says they will get an email in January

1 Like

If he is in McCarthy, there is a very high likelihood that he will get into Ilium. There is no way to get a better lottery number but, if his roommate is assigned a better number, they would both choose based on the roommate’s number.

Last year, the students received emails explaining the process on Nov 22 and Jan 11. The Nov 22 email had a timeline and instructions. You might have your student look back through old emails and see if they were sent anything in November.

Edit to add: The Jan 11 email said “Please note the process is lottery driven so the date of your application is not critical, as long as you make the deadline. In order to keep your priority as a returning resident, you must apply by January 21st.”

1 Like

He didn’t receive any email in November

1 Like

We just received the same income verification request - and we also used the IRS data retrieval tool. There was a star next to our EFC on the FAFSA. DId you have to notarize those docs and send them in anyway?

Please post in the 2027 thread this one is from a year ago and is being closed soon.