USC Class of 2026 — Regular Decision

Should be an interesting day as both Berkeley and UCLA should be notifying their Regents candidates this week. I wonder if it is intentional.

8 Likes

I just saw this update from USC admissions. Scholarship updates for 12/01 applicants comes out Friday, which is also the deadline for all applicants to apply for need-based aid. Good look everyone!

3 Likes

whoops - I just saw this above! thanks @Hamplee19

2 Likes

Yay confirmed 11th. Glad they put it out so people can calm down and not check portal 1000 times a day.

15 Likes

No you do not have to have FASFA in - separate process from merit.

I think admissions saw our prediction and tweet request and did it all for us on cc. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Michigan’s Ross School of Business is way better than Georgetown.

when do they release their regents?

Both UCLA and UCB should be notifying Regents candidates this week. Berkeley sends an early acceptance to Regents candidates and asks them to interview for the scholarship. UCLA does not send an early acceptance but identifies their top applicants and asks them to apply (essays) for the Regents scholarship. UCSB and UCI award Regents based upon the UC application and should notify recipients later this month. As far as I know, the rest of the UCs don’t let students know about Regents until they receive their acceptance in March.

3 Likes

For students who are invited for interview, is admission almost guaranteed?

Yes, if a student is invited to interview, they will also receive acceptance on Feb 11. Note that a very very small percentage of students are invited to interview. The vast majority of students will find out their admissions decision in March.

2 Likes

Will packages also be sent on Feb 11?

1 Like

Does anyone know the stats of the scholarship decisions? How many are asked to interview, from each college and how many people get it in the end?

2 Likes

I don’t think so… Only portal updates/emails this time

Thank you!

This information available up thread

The scholarships are spread amongst the different colleges. You can find how many scholarships are expected to be awarded here.

Note that this is enrolled students and not admitted. Presumably some students who are offered awards will not enroll at USC.

Trustee: Approximately 100
Presidential (non NM): Approximately 200
Presidential NM: varies
Deans: Approximately 100

1 Like

Are these only applicable to applicants who submitted the app by Dec 1 deadline? would applicants with Jan 15 submission qualify for any? Thank you

The USC admission website clearly states:

The deadline for first-year applicants who would like to be considered for a merit scholarship is Wednesday, December 1st, 2021, by 11:59pm! You must submit your application by this time to be considered for a merit-based scholarship!

1 Like

Got it, thank you for sharing!