USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

https://twitter.com/USCAdmission/status/1634233157292789760?s=20

USC Admissions just tweeted will be released on 3/24.

8 Likes

Thanks for posting. So, as expected.

Here’s the exact wording, for those without Twitter:

First-year applicants: Admission decisions will be posted on Friday, March 24 in the USC applicant portal. Students will receive an email notifying them when their decision has been posted. :v:

1 Like

Hello- I hate to sound neurotic but on the financial aid page in the “Application in Review” tab, is the reason for 2 yellow triangles underneath (with the same statement), because the school and the major review the application?

Thanks!

2 Likes

@jBliq

No. No correlation to admissions at this stage. I would not read anything into inquiries from Financial Aid or any alerts or messages within FAST. Although it seems to defy logic, Financial Aid and Admissions are on two completely separate & independent paths until when admissions announces its decisions. The FAO will basically learn who is being admitted as you and every other applicant are. But until then, they will work as diligently as possible to get everyone’s FA account/profile completed… just in case you & all who applied for FA are admitted. And most of it is automated.

Good luck…

Thanks. Of course admissions would know if the are likely to be NMF. I was just wondering if having the choice made when the notifications went out March 1 helps with indicating level of interest.

According to their Common Data Set (C7), USC does not consider level of interest in determining admission decisions.

Even if the info did get to the admissions committee, it is very late in the game. Admission decisions will be released in 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Thanks!!

2 Likes

USC Instagram too :

4 Likes

@legacymom1 I wanted to say good luck btw - I think it can be more unnerving with each additional child cause if the older one(s) got in and the younger doesn’t - especially when they have just as good, if not better stats - it creates an awkward family dynamic, at least till they lock in on a different school. Then I would assume it goes from awkward to a lifetime of sibling teasing and rivalry. Hope this one gets in if it’s where they want to be! Hang in there!

Thank you. USC has been his dream since he was eight. We just found out, today, that he did not get into UChicago, which was a bit demoralizing because the one sibling that opted not to go to USC picked UChicago. Not gonna lie – it feels awkward to me. You get all invested in a school when your kid goes there and, with the subsequent rejection of the next kid, the protective mom instinct kicks in. My feelings for that school start to sour. I know that is silly, but can’t help how I feel. It is gonna be super awkward if #4 doesn’t get into USC, because I went there, too. He grew up on USC.

5 Likes

Totally understand the sour! I’ve had my share of love/hate with USC for all kinds of reasons, so I think sour is totally expected in the kind of situation you mentioned. Would be easier if it was due to a “lower this or that,” but it ends up being quite random and arbitrary when so many with perfect or near perfect scores and great apps are turned away. With UChicago out, fate is calling on USC to be there for him. Good thoughts…

3 Likes

OK, one more question from an increasingly neurotic mom. I’ve been looking over my son’s applications on the common app. He chose to report his scores to all schools. When I look at the score report section, it varies from school to school. When I click on “review responses” for some schools, it shows the test score and the date. Other schools, it shows the date taken but no test score. For USC it shows “There are no test scores to report.” Is this a glitch with the common app that I need to worry about? Or does each school filter out what they want to see? Very worried if USC isn’t even considering his test scores.

1 Like

Thank you. Do you have one applying this year? If so, best of luck to him or her, as well.

1 Like

As I recall, for USC, in order for the scores to be shown as received in the applicant portal (even if self-reported in the Common App or unofficially uploaded in the portal by the student), they need to be the official scores sent directly from the ACT testing agency. To be 100% certain my sons’ scores were considered when they each applied, they had them sent from the ACT testing agency.* See this link on the FAQ page, for example:

I've had my official SAT/ACT scores sent to USC, but the Applicant Portal indicates that they have not been received..

The USC web site also says:

“While you are welcome to upload unofficial copies of your SAT and/or ACT scores through the USC Applicant Portal, to be considered official, test scores must be reported directly by the testing agency.”

I am guessing, but perhaps this is why your student’s portal says “there are no test scores to report.”?

[*Good luck to you son! I have a son at USC now and he loves it. My other son applied this year but withdrew is application upon admission to his ED school.]

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the common app review of his questions - not his portal. The common app reports are inconsistent. For some schools, it shows the test scores. For other schools, it doesn’t. He did have his tests sent directly from SAT and ACT agencies, but wanted to make sure they are being considered. (For that matter, his school includes test scores on his transcript, so I know USC will “see” the scores if they look at his transcripts. ) I will have him check his portal, but I am concerned about the message being sent if common app is telling USC “There are no test scores to report.”

1 Like

Sorry that I misunderstood the situation. :wink:

1 Like

IIRC, different schools had some of the entered info not show up when I was previewing apps before hitting submit (there was a small notification indicating which info- it wasn’t too obvious). So, for eg, one school didn’t have my test scores displayed, another didn’t have my family info. I’m thinking that’s prob the issue here and not an error or actually missing info.

1 Like

Thanks – that makes sense.

1 Like

No – thanks for trying to be helpful!

1 Like

Yes, your analysis /post is correct. So no worries @legacymom1

2 Likes