UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Made the kid check just in case, still “In Review.”

5 Likes

My kid as well.

Welp goodnight guys/gals. See y’all tomorrow

2 Likes

If waiting for a college decision affects someone’s mental health, that person most likely has bigger problems! Try applying for a green card or a medical license as a foreign-educated physician :joy: . Waiting for a few weeks is nothing compared to that. Sooner or later we all will learn the results :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am sure that is very stressful and I hope that people can figure that out! I still think mental health is an important subject and college admissions can induce stress, maybe not as much as applying for a green card, but it still can affect peoples mental health, and UT is a cause of stress for many students, and they are allowed to feel that way!

11 Likes

Did anyone’s transcript move from completed to the “to do” list over night?

1 Like

Nothing has changed for me.

this is my second round of college admissions but first time with UT and its baffling to me. Genuinely surprised they haven’t adjusted this system to either go to a pure rolling admission (process apps in order of receipt) or, like every other top school, pick a date for decision release and tell everyone to check their status on Feb 1 or March 1 or whatever.

This maybe you find out in late November or maybe December or maybe January or maybe Feb 1 but it might be after Feb 1 is crazy and disorganized.

It is what it is but does not say much for the administration that they can’t figure this out. Just my 2 cents

14 Likes

Good morning

There is a “recommended” section and a “done” section. My son’s transcript has remained in the “done“ section. Is that what you mean?

2 Likes

Yes. It was done. This morning it moved to “to do” and not is back to “done.” It all moved on it’s own.

If applied and completed before priority date, one can leave it alone and only check on Feb 1st. Don’t even touch it in the winter break. Must less stress that way.

3 Likes

Just waiting until Feb 1 is a lot easier said than done.

My son (OOS - COLA) had a classmate get into McCombs in December, but he’s been stuck waiting even though he knows at least some decisions have been made. Human nature and curiosity gets the best of him, so he’s always checking.

Its like telling a little kid you will be putting all their xmas presents unwrapped under their bed sometime in december but just wait until xmas day to look LOL

1 Like

Totally understand how stressful it is. A couple years ago, our school counselor made sure all students application completed by end of September, then told everyone (even top 5% auto-admit because autos may not get their majors) to check only on Feb 1st. It is only UT receiving the $200 enrollment fee late, not much difference in terms of outcome but much less stress on students.

Similar to what’s happening with UMass this year - and lots of similar complaints on that board. But completely agree with @FriscoDad that if this stresses you out, just ignore all of it and check on 2/1 or when they send you an email.

I’ve pretty much resigned that decisions are coming in on all different dates and financial aid decisions on different dates from THOSE dates. It’s going to be 4/1 before we can put together a complete picture to make an informed decision. YMMV

5 Likes

Do we think there will be a wave tonight?

2 Likes

Hopefully :crossed_fingers:

I have no idea TBH

1 Like

Would they do all acceptances of Friday? And then on Monday do CAP? And then reject on Feb 1?

2 Likes

100000% THIS for all schools.

1 Like