UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Do they typically reject on Feb 1?

1 Like

Luckily at the most we just have to wait one more week!

only God knows.

G-d is updating his application portal every half hour like the rest of usā€¦

Nah bro, he prolly praying with us.

1 Like

Who are we kidding? Weā€™re not going to hear until Friday evening.

Itā€™s odd they would tweet yesterday and then wait until Friday to send a wave but nothing about this process has been normal. Also, for CS applicants, from other threads of past years unless you have taken 15 Ap classes with a 4.0 unweighted and ALL extracurricular are Soley CP related you donā€™t stand a chance. For CS they donā€™t care about leadership or sports only CS which is unfortunate and makes a not well-rounded candidate IMO.

Will 3.92 GPA,12 AP courses and 1580 SAT work for OOS CS ?

1 Like

You have as good a chance as anyone, but OOS CS is a bloodbath. Your chances are just as good at UWash and maybe even Cornell.

1 Like

Cornell I didnt apply and for UWash I am in state. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

Do you think it helps being a female who applies to CS at UT? i know they do affirmative action so just wondering

1 Like

That stat will work, but many applicants fail in their essays with irrelevent/inadequate content.
Half of the essay covering the past, half should be addressing what they plan to do with a UT degree (hint is at their slogan). Many applicants miss the later.

3 Likes

did anyone hear today

Cricketsā€¦

4 Likes

Anyone elseā€™s kid get an email today from HornRaisers asking for donations from a non-auto in state applicant who hasnā€™t received their decision yet? Or a promo email from UT Dallas yesterday?

1 Like

I think they will come out tomorrow

1 Like

Got an email from UTD yesterday to visit UTD on a scholarā€™s day

1 Like

I assume youā€™ve applied and been accepted?

I have applied but have not heard about the decision yet

1 Like

UW is almost impossible for CS for instate applicants. Being a woman should help for sure.

2 Likes