UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

What date do the Cap applications open?

I got CAPed. 34 ACT, 3.98 UW, Varsity Athlete 4 years, non.auto admit small school no ranking

CAP.
In state. GPA 3.95, ACT 36, NMSF, varsity debator, varsity athlete. Applied to CS.
I believe the main reasons why she got soft rejection are:
Does NOT have srtong EC in computer science
Class rank isn’t high enough.

1 Like

When will we know about honors result

2 Likes

I think it is only offered to instate students
 You do your first year at other UTs like (SanAntonio, Tyler, Arlington etc.) and then after a year transfer over to UT Austin. Certain in demand majors are not guaranteed (CS, Engg, Business)

2 Likes

Accepted in-state, ECE, non-auto, 1560 SAT, 4.0uw, top 10%

2 Likes

3.8 GPA, 33 ACT (35 math), varsity athlete, internship at major children’s hospital, lots of EC and CS

Accepted! Computational Engineering

3 Likes

What major?

1 Like

Accepted CS, instate nonauto, 3.9+GPA 1550+SAT 15+APs and some olympiads/research/humanities ECs. Waiting for Turing.

4 Likes

Besides being incorrect in the premise to your reply comment to me, it didn’t require recitation of your kid’s AMAZING merit offer from Trinity and all of the other stats you cited.

1 Like

Congrats!.. are you OUT OF STATE?

Crud- daughter is auto admit. 2%of her class. Didn’t get either major. Aerospace engineering nor Mathematics. She refused to apply to any other college. So she is undeclared in Liberal Arts. She is devastated. No idea how to help her. Her SAT score was low at a 1420. Just sad for her and now really need to get her to apply for a different college as she wants engineering and from what I am told getting into Crockwell after being rejected is near impossible.

CAP
Stats
1340 SAT, 4.1 W GPA, AP scholar w/ distinction, Semi-Strong ECs, Not top 10 or top 6. Extremely surprised to have even received a CAP offer but I take it as a win.

3 Likes

OOS, MCCombs, 35 ACT, 4.o GPA, good essays and ECs

1 Like

I assume you mean including today’s decisions, not before today (1/30). lots of kids finding out in the last hour

DD just got accepted to Education - OOS! 1460 SAT, exemplary ECs and LORs, 4.3ish weighted GPA, 8 APs

1 Like

CAPPed. 1410 SAT, 3.8UW/4.4W non-auto, 4 years marching band with leadership

Applied to the new Data Science and Analytics major in CNS.

Wasn’t realy expecting to get in but a wish and a prayer. Going to Bama with huge merit.

4 Likes

Accepted for biology- in state, non-auto admit with a rank of 56/727, SAT: 1420.

2 Likes

Did anyone apply to design and hear back?