UVA Fall 2021 Transfer Thread

Anyone heard from CAS waiting list?

Anyone heard from the architecture waitlist. I’m still hoping beyond hope but its sadly looking bleak.

Hello,

I’m not a transfer for 2021, and there’s not yet a thread for Transfers applying for '22, so I thought to post here in the meantime:

As a freshman in the transfer process, I’ve pretty much been alone, so I’ve been trying to look for anyone who could give me advice.

I’m a student (instate resident) at an instate uni (major- CS), and my GPA is approximately 3.4.
I have been a part of 2-3 clubs and did gain some leadership in them as well, but am a little concerned that it may not be enough. Other than that I’m in the honors curriculum they have here.

My high school gpa was about a 4.06 (weighted out of 5.0) at a competitive HS where the avg. is around a 4.3 weighted. My SAT scores were around the 1400s range.

Is there anything else I can do to make myself stand out? It seems that the Common App doesn’t have an essay section this year, but I may write one. I’m concerned that 1 semester of college won’t be enough to show and I want to get my GPA up next sem; is there a way I can send that to admissions as well?
Any advice would help; thank you!

There is an essay for UVA transfer students— look at Common App, Transfer section under “Questions” tab. For 3rd year applicants, the essay is: “Please provide a statement that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve.”

Also, look at this UVA Transfer Blog. Good background information.

Update: Apparently there are other essay prompts, depending on which major you select on your Common App Transfer application.

omg hi i lived in nepal too thats crazy

Hi! I don’t know if anyone will see this because this is for Fall '22, but there is no thread yet for that, so I am adding it here. Could someone tell me my chances of getting into UVA Fall '22 as a sophomore?

Current university: University of Richmond (private)
College GPA: 3.5
Credits done: About 40? including this semester
HS GPA: weighted 4.4
College extracurriculars:

• Student government senator
  • Mock Trial and URichmond Mock trial is one of the best in the country so that’s something
  • Founded the school’s chapter for Amnesty International and am the lead student coordinator
    Other notable things:
  • Currently doing a virtual internship for pre-law
  • Have volunteered with local refugee community for 5 years now
  • Have worked at Starbucks for about 7 months now
    Recommendations: from a seminar professor who went to Harvard
    No SAT scores, and my reason for transferring is the fact that UVA has more resources available for pre-law students to get experience in the legal field than URichmond.