UW Alum founded company enjoys great growth

<p>If it ever goes public look out.</p>

<p>Epic</a> Systems rides wave of records upgrades - JSOnline</p>

<p>I know Epic well. I have visited their “intergalactic headquarters” in Verona, WI. Their business plan is to never go public. My hospital purchased their EMR system. Initially, I was impressed, but lately, Epic’s service has been lousy…horrible, to be exact. </p>

<p>In my opinion, the company is growing too fast. They are obviously trying to take as much of the market share as possible. The government is offering subsidies for hospitals to move to electronic record keeping. By 2014, the subsidies vanish. After 2015, reimbursements will get reduced for hospitals still using paper records. Naturally, EMR companies are sprinting for contracts. It’s like an Oklahoma land grab. </p>

<p>I congratulate the folks at Epic for their success, but I’d like to see better execution and performance from them.</p>

<p>I think virtually all tech software systems have such issues. Microsoft Vista anyone? You grab as much market as you can and fix it later. My wife’s office is converting to Epic right now. My doctor has been it it 2 years. It’s working well for them now.</p>

<p>Glad to hear that. Right now, I’d like to strangle someone at Epic. Do you think that they will be willing to sacrifice a lower level employee? You know, someone that is willing to “take one for the team.” :)</p>

<p>I keep getting the picture of that somewhere in former Russia “call center” dealing with your questions. Makes me laugh every time.</p>

<p>Hello. My name is Peh-gy.</p>

<p>Seriously I have heard Epic is not the easiest place to work and has fairly high turnover either by design or just because some want to move on to larger cities with more career alternatives in high tech. I do not know if that is true or not but rapid growth always hurts some part of the organization’s development. Hopefully you can find somebody that cares enough to help you. If I knew anyone there I’d try to help.</p>