UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Colleges want a well rounded class so they will accept students that provide balance. UW has one decision period so they can review the entire applicant pool at one time and create the optimal student body.

2 Likes

This is a static page and shows that for everyone who presses that button

“view your freshman application status” button is on d’s portal but when we clicked, it doesn’t have a decision yet

can you share a picture of where it says that? i don’t have a view your freshman application status button

The button is not showing for some applicants.

my application status check is still not available for me, is anyone else still not able to see it?

I still have the button saying “View your Freshman Application Status”

I also still have it

weird, is it just taking a longer time for the system to update in some cases?

@CTCollegeBound, thanks for the article. I heard all those rumors years ago with S16, but first time I’ve seen it in writing. Not very encouraging.

The admissions stats are substantially different for ultra-competitive direct-admit majors like Computer Science, Business, and Engineering than they are for the general college of arts and sciences. The example from that 2011 article was a student applying into the Foster School of Business.

So I would expect to see perfect 4.0 students getting rejected from Computer Science, Engineering, and Business. No so much from the traditional liberal arts majors. My daughter is applying into arts and sciences with the hope of majoring in biology or molecular biology. I guess we shall soon find out, but I’m expecting that to be less brutally competitive.

1 Like

do you think oos students will have a higher chance this year because they want the money?

Just to clear things up, for most all majors at UW you are first admitted to the UW itself as a premajor, and then apply to your major as a sophomore/junior.

For the direct admit majors, like business, you are first admitted to the UW, and then your application is sent to Foster School of Business who decides whether or not to accept you direct to major (for business, only about a 100 freshman get in each year, the vast majority get admission their junior year).

In essence, especially if you’re instate, choosing a more competitive major will not significantly affect your chances of admission to UW. The exception to this rule is CS, especially if you are OOS.

If you no longer have a button “Freshman Application Status” you can click on the link under “Recently Visited” .

They will accept a lot as yield of OOS is low , less than 12%. Because UW is just a safety school for lot of OOS top students. Those OOS top students have top 25 schools or their in-state flagship univ as competition. No offense to UW, this is reality.

3 Likes

Hello from the University of Washington Office of Admissions! Access to request the NSEOF deferral is available to anyone with a UW NetID. Your ability to view this form does not mean that you have been admitted. When your decision is available, you will receive an email from our office prompting you to log into your MyUW portal to view your admissions decision. No decisions have been released at this point.

This year, we anticipate most will be available on or around March 12. You will find your admission status in your MyUW portal.

15 Likes

Where did you get this information from?

That information is availalbe on the UW Office of Admissions website - Freshmen by the numbers | Office of Admissions

2 Likes

My son got an email today about the STARS application. Anyone else get this? Anyone have firsthand experience on this program.

to be deleted