uw engineering to top business schools

<p>my plan is to go from undergrad engineering to a top graduate business school. how is uw engineering graduate school placement. How hard would it be to get a job on wall street?</p>

<p>UW's Graduate Business shcool is ranked 29th.</p>

<p>Not a problem. </p>

<p>Most top b-schools require at least 2-4 years of work experience. There are different post-college routes you may pursue before applying. MC (management consulting) is one route and UW engineering grads are actively recruited. Or, go to industry (like I did) and picked up solid leadership experience. Or, go directly to IBC firms (ask ECS office for stat and steps). </p>

<p>This year, Cornell admitted quite a few graduates including one engineering grad (guess who?). Chicago too. Among other UW older alums that I know have got theirs from everywhere - HBS, Chicago, Kellogg, Cox (SMU @ Dallas) and of course UW-Madison. </p>

<p>Now about UW-Madison, the ASAP program is extremely well regarded (I heard people turning down other top places to go there). So is the real estate program. So if you can somehow get into to the ASAP program directly from undergrad, there may be your best ticket to Wall St.</p>