UW German Department

<p>I am going to be a freshman at Madison in the fall, and I plan on continuing to take German at UW. I already took my placement test, and I tested into German 249, 258, or 262. First of all, has anyone taken any of those classes and can comment on the difficulty level of any of them? 16 retro-credits are on the line here, so I wanna start out with the easiest one and take the other 2 after.</p>

<p>Also, anyone who has taken German at UW: Who are some of your favorite professors who I should try to sign up for a class with? Any ones to avoid at all costs? (I know about ratemyprofessor.com, but I have searched a ton of professors from the UW German Department and almost none of them have "profiles" on that site.)</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I know German isnt the most popular language in terms of number of students taking it, but if anyone knows anything about those 3 classes or who the best professors are I would really appreciate it! (Anything that cant be found in the course guide or on ratemyprof.com)</p>

<p>Be sure to discuss which course to take with your SOAR advisor.</p>

<p>@DasWunderkind I am in the same boat as you. Anyone have any advice on which german professors are the best?</p>

<p>Also, does anyone know when they typically decide/announce who is teaching what? Because for a lot of the german sections, there is no teacher listed yet.</p>

<p>bump 10char</p>

<p>The beginning courses are likely to be TA taught. You don’t need a professor to learn the rudiments of a language, TA’s can do a good job and are close in age, often easier to relate to. After you and your SOAR advisor decide which course is best for you choose the available section that best fits your schedule.</p>