Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Just FYI if you are unable to pay once the FA comes back after ED, almost all the colleges let you out of the contract.

3 Likes

ugh at this point, I’d probably just withdraw from everywhere and instantly commmit if I can get into vandy

1 Like

If I don’t get it, I’ll be fine. I got some nice scholarships to other schools.

2 Likes

Me, but I don’t have to withdraw after already being rejected from most of my schools. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Go on your portals and go to the financial aid tab. Does anyone else’s say “upon admission, you will receive an email request from IDOC with instruction on submitting your parent and student taxes.

Again, prob everyone has this and I have no idea if this has been there for a while. Just trying to keep the craziness going. Lol.

1 Like

Yes, I have that. Think everyone does.

1 Like

Well they should change their wording to say “if you are admitted” haha

3 Likes

Yes, ours has said that for a while. Doesn’t mean anything, sadly.

1 Like

Almost 3 hours!!

2 Likes

UGA honors and full-scholarship versus Vandy paid (if I get it)…pre-med track…is it worth paying for Vandy?

Hey everyone! Current Sophomore at Vandy here; good luck today! You’ll end up where you are supposed to be!

12 Likes

Hey bestie, mind going to the admissions office and telling them to change my decision to “accepted?”

Thanks, I knew I could count on you.

13 Likes

Can’t quite do that but I can answer some questions if you have them!

5 Likes

Can’t say I didn’t try, bestie.

Were you accepted ED/RD/Transfer? Are you happy with your decision to attend Vanderbilt? Is the environment cutthroat or pretty collaborative? Favorite place to go off campus?

1 Like

This article from last year said the RD acceptance rate was up last year after steadily going down. Looks like it is back down again this year. Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

I was ED1, I love Vandy and it fits me perfectly. I am in Peabody and I’m majoring in Secondary Ed and English. It is so not cutthroat. Everyone is friendly for the most part and even though classes are challenging nobody is trying to hurt you. People are always trying to host study groups, there are Group mes for almost every class to share notes and talk about studying too! Off campus (with no covid) there are so many places to go. You can walk downtown in like 40 mins and there are tons of bars and restaurants. I also love centennial park for picnics!

4 Likes

is Vanderbilt the type of school where everyone stays on campus or do people tend to socialize in Nashville?

Awesome, thank you! Sounds absolutely amazing, just how I imagined it when I was walking through campus.

Unfortunately I don’t have high hopes, but I appreciate the well wishes.

1 Like

Totally depends on the person, lots of my friends go out and around in Nashville all the time but some are very happy to stay and hang around campus because there are so many spaces on campus, like grassy areas, benches, study spots etc.

5 Likes

You’ll find somewhere you love and if not this year you can always transfer, its more common than you think!

1 Like