VCU 2024

VCU announces the fall semester will start on time and in person on August 17, but end on November 24.

https://together.vcu.edu/

Does anyone understand what this announcement means for an entering freshman planning to live in a dorm? I have watched and read the whole thing and I don’t think it tells whether/when/how non-clinical, non-athletic students will move in on campus. I did see something about limiting elevator use, which makes those high rise dorms look pretty unappealing.

The original move-in date for freshman was August 15. I’ve been going on the assumption that it hasn’t changed.

If your child is going into the Honors College and had intended to live in the Honors College Dorm, make sure they’ve checked their email this morning. An email went out from the school saying that dorm will not be available for this coming academic year. It will continue to be used as potential overflow hospital rooms by VCU Hospital. Instead, the school will offer rooms at The Graduate hotel, at a pretty significant price increase. Rooms are also being set aside at GRC for Honors College students, but I can’t tell if they’re single rooms or not. I’m pretty irritated right now. I understand that they need the space for hospital overflow, but to jack up the price by $900 per school year for a single at the hotel is pretty crappy.