Villanova Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Has Villanova released financial aid yet for EA?

1 Like

Hi, yes it was released. If you scroll up to about a week ago you will see my post about the financial aid my son was offered, essentially $10,300 in grant money per semester for the first year.

I am getting the vibe that Villanova doesn’t offer very good financial aid packages. Thanks for letting me know that you have heard back already. I hope things are going well for your son during this process.

Thank you! Yes, zero merit scholarship, just this grant money that could change for the worse next year. He just received a scholarship from another school that would bring his annual tuition down to about $5000/yr so justifying the cost of Villanova is pretty tough right now! After USNA it is his next choice, however, so I guess we have a tough decision to make.

1 Like

Hi. I know this has probably been answered already so I apologize for asking again but does Villanova give merit aid to at least some students? We just got a letter saying we had to pay $81.4K if our DD chooses VSB and it’s a pretty daunting number.

My recollection is there are a number of scholarships you apply or are nominated for and there are much smaller merit awards that don’t involve anything additional from the applicants.

https://www1.villanova.edu/university/undergraduate-admission/Financial-Assistance-and-scholarship/merit-based-scholarships.html

1 Like

We were hoping for a grant, but our financial aid package didn’t include one. Just a small amount of financial aid. I wonder if they will offer grants on April 1st? I thought I heard that.

Looking at past threads it looks like RD comes out around the third week of March so hopefully soon for everyone who is waiting.

4 Likes

Hopefully RD is released in a week!

1 Like

Anyone know when deferrals from EA come out?

I would assume deferrals from EA are considered RD so that would be today.

3 Likes

So are you a premed student?

At the admitted student day I learned 43% of the class was admitted ED. That’s up a lot from what was last published. Schools taking more and more via this manner.

Locks them into their acceptance. With not a lot much merit or aid given out at Villanova that is a lot of full pay students. At $81K that is insane.