Virginia Tech 2020 Apps up by 12%

25% increase in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
24% increase in the College of Natural Resources and Environment

http://wsls.com/2016/02/09/virginia-tech-receives-record-breaking-number-of-undergraduate-applications/

An increase in the number of applicants is not unique to Tech. It has been a national trend for major public universities and highly regarded private ones.

How will this affect this years applicants? Will it be harder to get into the business school?

was there an increase in the applicants for college of science Biological Sciences major??? If so by how much???

@Mpeauxsey I am fearing the same thing and there was an increase across the board in all majors but I don’t know the stats and they may be hard to find. @061616

I suspect this increase in the number of applicants, which has been occurring in recent years in many universities, is mainly due to the fact that graduating seniors are apply to more and more colleges. This probably means many wait-listed applicants will get off the list eventually.

I don’t think the stats for admitted, or enrolled, students will be made public until next year.