Virginia tech acceptance

i desperately want to go to virginia tech for civil engineering on an rotc scholarship. I have a 3.99 gpa, I have taken multiple AP classes, I take chorus, yearbook, and am a Teacher’s Assistant. I have two jobs, I work at a retail store and at my church. I am in NHS, FCA, FBLA, Interact Club, and am the president of FCCLA. I play varsity volleyball and run varsity track for my school. I have gone on multiple mission trips with my church and help the community as much as possible. I am apart of a youth council and band at my church as well. I think I am a well rounded student and have worked really hard to keep my grades at a decent spot while still maintaining an active school and community life.

I have been looking at the rotc scholarship for quit some time now and will be applying for it, but I have not done anything in regards to a summer program. What are my chances at getting into tech for civil engineering on a rotc scholarship?

No one can really chance you. See how you fit in with their Common Data(I’ll link it at the end). You are a good student and stand a good chance. I think you must be a junior this year. All your interests and activities are pretty much what most Tech students have under their belts. My son goes to Tech but is not in the Corps. Interest in the Corps helps your application. Be sure and write all the essays with your application. Be sure and do the one about “Ut Prosim” and mention how it dovetails with all your volunteerism. He was told they really liked his essay. https://www.ir.vt.edu/data/cds.html

Hi! I will be a freshman cadet next year at VT, not engineering though.The cut for VT engineering is very tough. My brother (a current freshman) was initially denied (he gained entry through the step program later) and he had above a 4.0 and a 1480 on the SATs. However, being a girl (I assume, Kathryn?) and applying to be the in the corps of cadets will definitely boost your chances. To receive a scholarship your gpa is good, see what your SATs are, and shoot to max your PT test! You have some good leadership roles and varsity sports.Army is easier to get a scholarship for idk what branch you are considering? Hope this was somewhat insightful…if you have any questions I would be happy to help…my dad used to be a PMS so I have a great first hand source…hope you come to Tech!!! #gokies

SAT/ACT score?